sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Notices

sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo
Is Precision marine dyno the only one u trust? honestly i consider dyno sessions a tool to be able to tune, there is no doubt hp will vary between dyno and operators....
i have found that mark's dyno is very consistent and is set up for marine runs. Wet headers,water pumps,power steering,trannie. We all know that adds up to well over a 100 hp loss
Old 04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GATORONE
i have found that mark's dyno is very consistent and is set up for marine runs. Wet headers,water pumps,power steering,trannie. We all know that adds up to well over a 100 hp loss
no doubt about that, no need for me to dyno with all the marine gear until were fishied R n D with our engine program, are u saying he's the only one that can tune a marine motor? Shawn has never dyno with marine gear on, havent broke an engine yet knock on wood! the motion is a solid and fast boat, i do believe shawn said everyone he outran had faster and higher horsepower boats but musta not been runnin properly that day! my point is that the whole package is what counts, must say your 186 on 93 is the current fastest i have seen...hopeing we will see you down with it for the RP...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Also would like to add that me and Shawn or his dad have no problems between us!! Received a few PMs that made me feel like some might be getting that impression. This is suppose to be fun and and hang out with other performance boaters who have the same passion.
+1
Don't really know Shawn but have hung out with his dad a few times and my wife used to work with him and he's pretty cool. Y'all be safe out there...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
I have a copy of one of the pulls from last month, who can I fax it to with the ability to scan and post???
Not exposing any pertinant info Doug, this ones about halfway thru the tuning process.

Absolutely no ill feelings, all good fun and make it interesting. I think maybe friday before the run, we dont do all the stops, mostly ride a bit and hang out. Doug wants to ride and get a taste of them motors
I can help with that
FAX To
Area Code 573 873 2225
Thump
Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

Check yo fax
Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo
no doubt about that, no need for me to dyno with all the marine gear until were fishied R n D with our engine program, are u saying he's the only one that can tune a marine motor? Shawn has never dyno with marine gear on, havent broke an engine yet knock on wood! the motion is a solid and fast boat, i do believe shawn said everyone he outran had faster and higher horsepower boats but musta not been runnin properly that day! my point is that the whole package is what counts, must say your 186 on 93 is the current fastest i have seen...hopeing we will see you down with it for the RP...
I didn't say anything about tuning, But at the end of the day there are only a few engine builders set up to dyno in full marine dress. If you would like I can give you a list. Most people on here speak of hp in a boat as a fully dressed wet motor
Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
Check yo fax
Got it ! was at lunch
Here it is
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
scan0001.pdf (842.8 KB, 208 views)
Old 04-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Whats up with the Oil PSI? Falling like that, whats it going to have after 5 miles? Not bashing, genuinely asking.

How much boost on 93?
Old 04-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Whats up with the Oil PSI? Falling like that, whats it going to have after 5 miles? Not bashing, genuinely asking.

How much boost on 93?
We found a collapsing element in the oil filter
note : stay away from fram filters
Old 04-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TxHawk

How much boost on 93?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.