sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Notices

sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
will your boat plane in 5.9 seconds? Build your own motors?
He has had a little help with this combo, we have been running big screw blown bbc's in our boats over 6 years, can make over 1400 hp and have been over 170 many many times. And NEVER hurt a single piston,headgasket,valvetrain componet.
Maybe.....No...170 is impressive...I think he has a good chance at running a good number with the setup....but you have to be careful making claims of 1500hp on 93 octane...I wish him all the luck in the world..I don't believe anyone has insulted him.

Last edited by GATORONE; 12-28-2009 at 09:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SecondWind (04-19-2022)
Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why, isnt this a discussion board?
It wont make 1500 on 93 octane, Doug knows that. People here shouldnt insult others abilities, especially if they know nothing about the person.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:04 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

1500hp on 93?...... Good luck. 116gas would be easy. Seriously, after your first dyno pull, you will have trashed that motor. How hard are you spinning the blower. 1400hp with 23* heads and 50% over crank speed is a good number to shoot for. But try it on 110 gas. 1200hp on pump gas is reasonable for that setup. It's not worth trashing that nice looking motor
Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

dont get me wrong. I like the engines, they look good, I like the polished PSI blowers, I like that your using the big whipple intercoolers. If I was going to use a blower instead of a turbo they are the ones I would do. with a quad whipple next... actually we want to do a quad psi if anyone wants some big power from a blower engine...
so I'm not saying anything bad about the guy who owns the boat, im not saying anything about the engine builder, I'm not saying anything about the looks of the engine.... i'm not even saying that someone cant make an engine make 1500 hp on 93 octane (for a short amount of time).... but to say over 1500 on a soft pump gas tune is just stupid.

Originally Posted by Voodoo
hoping to make over 1500 hp on a soft pump gas tune up,!
now to clarify... I'm not saying voodoo is stupid... he may have put that because of someone lying to him and telling him that, someone my be fudgeing there dyno to show what ever number you want to see. but in reality. in a big pleasure boat that is going to be used under normal conditions that engine that he explained on the first page, although cool looking with good parts, still cannot do that much hp....

I like people to try different things so I hope you make alot of hp with it.... you can probably be a realistic 1200-1300 hp with it which is alot more then 99.9 percent of the people in the offshore boating world really have. but dont waste your time and money trying to get 1500 true hp out of it or you will blow it up...

another question.... what is the fastest 42 tiger? i know I have ran next to one that was running 120 mph...
and we have a non stepped 42 tiger at our shop were building engines for. anyone have any idea what it should run with 900 hp??
Old 12-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

His boat is a straight bottom. Im assuming he meant to to state faster straight bottom Tiger.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
Why, isnt this a discussion board?
It wont make 1500 on 93 octane, Doug knows that. People here shouldnt insult others abilities, especially if they know nothing about the person.
I don't think Bill or anyone else has said anything insulting. If you come on a public forum and make a statement like Voodoo made, "expecting 1500hp on a soft pump gas tune" you have to expect people to question that. Bill has probably spent more time and $$ than anyone trying to make as much HP as possible on pump gas. It is just not possible to make a TRUE 1500hp, on 93, with the parts he is using and make it live.
If it was, we would all have a pair.
Good luck with the project, and keep us updated on the progress.
Michael
Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
His boat is a straight bottom. Im assuming he meant to to state faster straight bottom Tiger.
your slipping.. you forgot to say something about outerlimits... lol

just joking with ya...
Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
actually we want to do a quad psi if anyone wants some big power from a blower engine..

Last edited by Coolerman; 12-28-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
oh hell... now we can make this fun... were going to up the hp in the one were doing.. lets race.... what do you think..... shootout next year??? we both pull up and pump at least 250 gallons of pump gas in to make sure if there is race fuel it gets diluted. then we go run... maybe we could get them to let us drag race like big thunder and cms.
looser buys dinner at JB hooks for other group... up to 8 people... not counting wine..
Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
your slipping.. you forgot to say something about outerlimits... lol

just joking with ya...
Except if he put those motors in an Outerlimits he'd be going 50-60mph faster!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 12-28-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.