sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Notices

sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Old 01-13-2010, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
Anyone ever mess with mechanical injected motors on alky?
Wonder how fast 2600 hp each would push a 40 footer.
I got my car motors sitting waiting on bodywork. PSI blown
the problem we always had with alcohol was cylinder washdown, it was great for running on the strip, but I think in a boat for pleasure/poker run you would run into problems with cylinder and ring wash and the fact that the alcohol attracts moisture.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I was not running Meth at the Shootout. I was only using the 1200 setup and had full tanks of gas. We were there to have fun and planned on ruuning around LOTO more the day before to burn off gas. It did not happen so we ran the boat as is. No question the 388 Skater is a very fast hull but same power in a 39 MTI should run the same speeds. Keep in mind the Shootout is a drag race and all about setup as well. One mile is not very far when looking for a speed number. The speeds that the boats run in that distance is remarkable. Bill has his Skater dialed in for those Shootouts.
Good post.
in a MILE people!!!!
amazing on the water.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
the problem we always had with alcohol was cylinder washdown, it was great for running on the strip, but I think in a boat for pleasure/poker run you would run into problems with cylinder and ring wash and the fact that the alcohol attracts moisture.
I was thinking for just a shootout deal, knock the boost down to about 35-40 lbs and let it sing.
not sure if I would want to run that fast, and there would have to be a pretty good payout to make it worthwhile.
We change oil every 3 passes anyways thats no biggie there.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned

I was not running Meth at the Shootout. I was only using the 1200 setup and had full tanks of gas. We were there to have fun and planned on ruuning around LOTO more the day before to burn off gas. It did not happen so we ran the boat as is. No question the 388 Skater is a very fast hull but same power in a 39 MTI should run the same speeds. Keep in mind the Shootout is a drag race and all about setup as well. One mile is not very far when looking for a speed number. The speeds that the boats run in that distance is remarkable. Bill has his Skater dialed in for those Shootouts.
Brad, I have to disagree with you on this one, I don't believe a 39 will hang with the 388 with the same power.Gator ran 1350 hp pump gas at the shootout, mile or not 171mph is hot, It took tweaked 1550 sterlings for the CMS race boat to get to that speed. MTi's are very fast, but don't think anyone will dispute that the 388 is the fastest hull currently in this size range.the 388 prop stop boat ran mid 130's on merc 525's.

Last edited by pagliahspizza; 01-13-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pagliahspizza
Brad, I have to disagree with you on this one, I don't believe a 39 will hang with the 388 with the same power.Gator ran 1250 hp pump gas at the shootout, mile or not 171mph is hot, It took tweaked 1550 sterlings for the CMS race boat to get to that speed. MTi's are very fast, but don't think anyone will dispute that the 388 is the fastest hull currently in this size range.the 388 prop stop boat ran mid 130's on merc 525's.
How can you compare a 388 Skater to a 48 MTI power to speed wise??? Of course the Skater is going to be faster.....its 10ft shorter!! Surprised your not banned yet.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

drag race set up ???? well it is called a shootout for a reason & word on the water is your MTI has had meth inj set up for 3 seasons BIG Bills Pure Platinum is set up for whatever deck of cards is being dealt ...
and just for the record the red/silver skater had 100 gallons of fuel left to get to party cove & full ballast tanks
Lesson # 1 dont bring a KNIFE to a GUN f!ght

Last edited by yeller gambler; 01-13-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also keep in mind a 39 MTI is a 36 Skater with a swimplatform..My 40 is no comparison in size to a 39 MTI. Both are great hulls but I dont count anyglass that is not the running surface.. Like a fountain take away the platform and beak and you can subtract 6' from the hull size. Just saying!!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
How can you compare a 388 Skater to a 48 MTI power to speed wise??? Of course the Skater is going to be faster.....its 10ft shorter!! Surprised your not banned yet.
well it's 5 ft shorter in the running surface..it does not have a european diving board on the back.... open cockpit,pleasure boat..not a light weight cut down race boat....whats the canopy worth for speed....it also accelerates in poker run trim..do we need some videos
Old 01-13-2010, 06:58 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pagliahspizza
Gator ran 1250 hp pump gas at the shootout, mile or not 171mph is hot
I don't think gatorone has said how much power his motors actually make (on pump gas), and if he was actually running pump gas at the shootout....... Either way, if Gator has 1500's, that 171is still a good number in my book!.... and would make a lot more sense.

Last edited by Coolerman; 01-13-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered

I think Dave was running alky for the shootout? if so looks like it worked out well for him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xHxSJzVshk

Last edited by H2Xmark; 01-13-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.