Poker Runs America Mag ?????

Notices

Poker Runs America Mag ?????

Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Poker Runs America Mag ?????

My subscription ran out a while back,I never received a renewal.I am looking at the site now,it doesn't look like much is going on,its showing 6 issues and only shows 3 mags for 2009.I don't want to subscribe if its going under,You would figure with the economy they would be promoting and giving better rates on subs just to get some business,better than none I would think.There 1800 # is full and and doesn't say anything about it is the PRA phone #.

Does anybody subscribe ? whats going on?

Thanks
Rob

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/inde...kissuenew.html

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down PRA Mag

I renewed this summer and never received any issues so I sent them an email. They sent me a few back issues. I haven't received any since then and numerous emails to PRA have been ignored. Awesome way to run a company.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
My subscription ran out a while back,I never received a renewal.I am looking at the site now,it doesn't look like much is going on,its showing 6 issues and only shows 3 mags for 2009.I don't want to subscribe if its going under,You would figure with the economy they would be promoting and giving better rates on subs just to get some business,better than none I would think.There 1800 # is full and and doesn't say anything about it is the PRA phone #.

Does anybody subscribe ? whats going on?

Thanks
Rob

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/inde...kissuenew.html
Strip Poker-

I just e-mailed Jo-Ann at Poker Runs America Mag... This is what she said "Yes Bryan nice to hear from you.... we are open our webmaster STU MCDONALD had a stroke a few months ago was in rehab and is going to be coming back "

She can help you

[email protected]

Bryan
Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I just got 2 more years about 2 weeks ago and they didn't say anything was up. They told me a new issue should be out in just a few weeks and that I would get that one so I guess we will see.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Stu, From PRA had a stroke several months back. He was the guy their PR guy. I know they are not going under. As for them dropping their subscription price due to the economy, look it it from their shoes. The industry is dead, every one of their advertisers is trying to hang on for dear life to make it through this econmy so none of them are advertising even close to what they use to. Poker run attendence is cut way down.

Poker runs America does a great job. I suggest if they don't return an email, call them. They have always gone out of their way and are a class operation.
There are not too many performance mags left, we lost Hot Boat this past year. Hopefully PRA will hang in there! There aren't that many magazines left coving our sport. Taylor pumlishing has several other magaiznes they put out and I know they are not going anywhere. You can feel comfortable renewing!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

3 issues a year?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't have any answers, but I can tell you that my subscription is current and I have not received a magazine since early Spring. I just figured that they folded like Hot Boat and Extreme Boats.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rob- For what it's worth, I'm still getting PRA. I can't find the latest issue, but I did find the previous issue featuring the Aqua-Mania Team. That issue has a subscription page advertising six issues a year for $25 or two years (12 issues) for $40. Their p/n is 800- 461- 9128. I've never received a subscription renewal reminder from them. You've got to watch the date on your mailing label and use the order form in each issue. Long ago, I routinely ordered Poker Run videos from them. It seemed that every time I'd call, the person I needed to talk to wasn't around. With your luck this year, you'll send them a check and they'll go tits up!!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

My subscription is current & I have not received an issue yet this year. I spoke to Bill Taylor about it at the 1000Island Poker Run & he took my name & E mail address & told me I would recieve all back issues. Never heard a word or recieved any issues.

Stick a fork in em.... they're done as far as I'm concerned.