Countdown To Sarasota: Snowy Mountain Brewery Out

Notices

Countdown To Sarasota: Snowy Mountain Brewery Out

Old 06-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Countdown To Sarasota: Snowy Mountain Brewery Out

Official word from Michael Janssen, http://speedonthewater.com/new-boat-...in-brewery-out.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Parity rules run contrary to innovation. Manufactures should be rewarded for the risk they take to innovate. They dumbed down innovation at the Indy 500 and interest in the sport has waned ever since. Spec racing, BLAH! If you can't beat them, penalize them - sounds Un-American to me.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Wouldn't the story have a little more dramatic effect if he was maybe from Sarasota, or maybe actually raced there before?

Or more the fact that the Canard Detection Devices (CDD) are now mandatory.

News Flash

Canoe flips, choppers dispatched

SBI worried the great one will not show!!! Race cancelled!!! Will make public Apology!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Just in!!!! Fake Kilo run canceled also!!!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Parity rules run contrary to innovation. Manufactures should be rewarded for the risk they take to innovate. They dumbed down innovation at the Indy 500 and interest in the sport has waned ever since. Spec racing, BLAH! If you can't beat them, penalize them - sounds Un-American to me.
That's what the unlimited class is for. Innovate, put in monster motors, pay for the fastest boat and hope the driver and throttleman have enough skill to get it around the course to its full potential. SVL is a spec class and if that's what the intent is, then the separation between boats should be more about the driver and throttleman than it is about the boat. Who is the best boat racer, not who has the fastest boat. With SMB the answers to those questions may in fact be the same, however it's a lot harder to tell when their boat (equipment) is so much faster than everyone else.

Last edited by StillCrazy J&M; 06-30-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
That's what the unlimited class is for. Innovate, put in monster motors, pay for the fastest boat and hope the driver and throttleman have enough skill to get it around the course to its full potential. SVL is a spec class and if that's what the intent is, then the separation between boats should be more about the driver and throttleman than it is about the boat. Who is the best boat racer, not who has the fastest boat. With SMB the answers to those questions may in fact be the same, however it's a lot harder to tell when their boat (equipment) is so much faster than everyone else.

I agree! But... They need to control the engine power, fuel, and weight to be the same for every boat and leave the rest up to innovation and skill.

Mike
Old 06-30-2014, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
Wouldn't the story have a little more dramatic effect if he was maybe from Sarasota, or maybe actually raced there before?

News Flash

SBI worried the great one will not show!!! Race cancelled!!! Will make public Apology!!!
---------------------------
Tim Brenner would be proud of your contibutions
Old 07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee

News Flash

I wasn't going for "drama." After the recent story we ran on Sun Print (http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-s-last-hurrah) in our "Countdown to Sarasota" series, I must have received more than a dozen questions on whether or not Snowy Mountain Brewery would compete there. So I asked the owner what his plans were and ... the link to that resulting story is above, as you know.

Given that Snowy Mountain Brewery has not raced since it was given parity restrictions, the news was particularly relevant. That the boat's owner is not from Sarasota is not relevant (conversely, from a news perspective racers from Sarasota racing in their home city is relevant), nor is it that the team hasn't competed there before.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 07-01-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SVL used to be a spec class, but it hardly is that anymore. Really, it is much closer to the old A class. As for Doc's boat being faster than every other boat out there, it is a state of the art Outerlimits. All things being equal it should be much faster than twenty year old designs, right? Add the fact the crew runs the boat on the absolute ragged edge and the results should not be that surprising. The effort to even things up is a smart one.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

MIke A. I disagree somewhat. I understand that money talks in racing and no one can afford to purchase a new boat every time a new one comes out of the plug, but everyone seems to want to put restrictions on the boat. As you stated new technology surpasses old every time. But, what about the driver and throttleman. John T. and Mike Seebold would make an unbeatable team being that they are always in a boat running to the max. Once a month racers will never be able to compete with them and when you talk about Brian F. and Doc there again is a team that is virtually unbeatable. I think that other teams need to step up with testing or experience running and not restrict the boat. Maybe put a monetary bounty on any team that can beat Snowy, giving them an opportunity to tweak on their boat to up the potential. We never had the fastest boat, but through testing, set up and putting 100% on the table every race, we were able to benefit from the hard work. Just my 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.