Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Almost boatless, one last fling.... >

Almost boatless, one last fling....

Notices

Almost boatless, one last fling....

Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Almost boatless, one last fling....

Well, I have a solid offer on my boat, and everything looks like it will be finalized by Monday, so we pulled off the dock one more time last night before pulling and cleaning her for delivery. I'm going to miss the sound of the Big Block....

Last edited by Speedracer29; 07-04-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Well, I have a solid offer on my boat, and everything looks like it will be finalized by Monday, so we pulled off the dock one more time last night before pulling and cleaning her for delivery. I'm going to miss the sound of the Big Block....

I understand completely, I sold (helped) my mother sell my late father's 34' Phantom yesterday. After 49 of always having a boat in the family I am boatless. The weird thing was the boat was yesterday on the exact day six years ago that my father had passed. It was an emotional day. My picture and one of my father when he was working on the Phantom in his garage.

I relished being out on the Delaware River boating yesterday, though it was a short run (sea trial for buyer).

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails Almost boatless, one last fling....-me.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
I understand completely, I sold (helped) my mother sell my late father's 34' Phantom yesterday. After 49 of always having a boat in the family I am boatless. The weird thing was the boat was yesterday on the exact day six years ago that my father had passed. It was an emotional day. My picture and one of my father when he was working on the Phantom in his garage.
I hate to see this, primarily for losing something that was a passion of your father's, second for being boatless (unless you're stepping into one better suited to your needs). Been boatless for 4 summers now, working my way back into one, hopefully sooner than later.

Good luck to both of you.