Notices

PSI or Whipple?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Working on it now, debuiting at PRI Show. Older SC was a 9.8 or 980. Very different animal here.....
you've been saying this for over 3 years the PSI is avail and PROVEN by Ch!ps kick azz speeds .no belts coming off or bearing & snout problems
Old 09-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
you've been saying this for over 3 years the PSI is avail and PROVEN by Ch!ps kick azz speeds .no belts coming off or bearing & snout problems
I also agree with fountain42. I have not had any experience with the Whipples but I did run a pair of PSI's for over 10 years on my 38 Cigarette with absolutely no trouble. No bearing failure nor throwing any belts, just outstanding performance and reliability.
Attached Thumbnails PSI or Whipple?-1997-chevrolet-1t-018.jpg  
Old 09-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
I love the low/profile look of the whipples, and they fit nicely under the hatches......PSI blowers are too big, and heavy looking for me... WHIPPLE for me..!!!
same here...496/whipple,and very satisfied
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JollyJohnny
Definatly PSI, they are proven. Whipple still is working on thier Research and Design, a couple of the kinks to work out.
yah 2 yrs in a row Dan didn't finish the borden light pokerrun with his 40 skater running sterlings1350/1550 whipples cause of the pulley shaft or pulley I caught this second hand but was there there to see it towed in twice. I need to drop off pics to him and fined out. I think he had computer issues up at loto too which would suck real bad since its a 30 to 35 hour tow.I like the old school psi and am happy with my 1071 and dyno #s . Dean Gellner builds nice stuff and he is the one working on your junk, not someone who has a bunch of guys building under his name and your paying big funds for there name.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
3 years? Lets not exagerate quite so much. Its been about a year now and something this big and with all the new technology it features, takes some time to develop. As for belt issues, 99% of them are from incorrect setups. You ever see how many belt issues customers with PSI's have when they try to make power? Almost all had to go to kevlar belts. Ask any drag racer how belts live with there PSI's.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
yah 2 yrs in a row Dan didn't finish the borden light pokerrun with his 40 skater running sterlings1350/1550 whipples cause of the pulley shaft or pulley I caught this second hand but was there there to see it towed in twice. I need to drop off pics to him and fined out. I think he had computer issues up at loto too which would suck real bad since its a 30 to 35 hour tow.I like the old school psi and am happy with my 1071 and dyno #s . Dean Gellner builds nice stuff and he is the one working on your junk, not someone who has a bunch of guys building under his name and your paying big funds for there name.
Actually not true, especially since I was there. They had a pulley issue, as they had bolts 1-2mm too long. That was fixed, they had other issues. When they had drive issues before, they were not our drives, they were built by someone else and they were a mess. Any part can have a problem when its not installed properly or not used properly, but when its used as designed and intended, failures are rare.

PSI's rotors are an old, out of patent design that cannot maintain the efficency or flow levels of the later profile shapes, thats not fiction, thats fact. Many later technologies have come out in the last 50 years since those rotors were designed. Time will tell whats superior.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

hows is wipples customer service after the sale??????????????
Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Whipple. Most efficient blower out there
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Art, not true as I was there as well.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Art, not true as I was there as well.
me too in fallriver. like I said at the docks they said Dan had pulley issues? second hand info and last year it was the belt or pulleys 2nd stop. also heard down at lotto they had issues but sounded like efi. so your saying it was a drive issue at fallriver?.I got pics to give Dan so I'll ask him about lotto, hope he ran both runs. and it's a bummer if 2yrs in a row he had break downs cause of pullelys or belts in fallriver. hey Mr.ol Dan, are there any runs in sept, oct in conn coming up? I got two more days of cutting up trees thens it back to the boat about a day or two to finish at our rate.
hope all had fun over the weekend next month I get to split all this wood I cut up , later Art!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.