Whipple 700sci Mods

Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnorthga
Chris you are going to have your hands full when you get that boat in the water

I bet you cant wait
On my 600sci .. old stage II (new one produces more hp), my boat went from 81mph to 93mph.

Im looking to break the century mark!

Chris
Old 02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
I am confused here with the statement about the Mercury PCM555 not having a control for the blower bypass valve? The stock Mercury Racing 700SCI has electronic blower bypass (boost control) standard on the engine from Mercury, why would it not have this feature on a re-programmed 700SCI PCM555?

By the way, the Mefi4 that is being used only has batch (A&B) only injector control and on a port injected blower engine with the injectors after the blower I am not sure this is the best fuel distribution for this engine.

I would also think it might be better to sat with the mercury Guardian control system that Mercury uses in the PCM555 programming they use for engine protection and peace of mind?

Just some thoughts and questions here.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
MEFI has many safety features for oil, fuel psi as well as oil temp and water temp for safety. Because the system only has 2 drivers, you cannot control timing per cylinder or injector per cylinder, which in most cases is not really a problem. Injecting the fuel through the sc, and still using sequential batch does very well and typically has very little issues when one sets it up right. We see af's between .5 between high to low, which is sometimes better than port injection. If you put the fuel after the SC, as long as air distribution is decent, you'll get excellent distribution. This is how all our LS1 setups are and many of our auto stuff. We also have a marine port injection setup that we've been working on and it works very well with the MEFI.

There are no problems running the MEFI4 on Merc motors, and there really is no problem running the PCM555, we control both and each has its own advantages and draw backs. There's many other systems out there that can also be used depending on the application.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
For 600sci and 700sci motors:

Here is the cad drawing for the new Whipple spark arrestor for the 600sci and 700sci motors.

During the course of dyno testing my motor, and later confirmed by testing a 700sci, Dustin discovered that the stock air cleaner was robbing between 20 and 30 horsepower once the motor was producing over about 720 hp.

This new breather uses the same mesh that Whipple uses in the rear of their superchargers, and will come anodized in custom colors to match your motor.

Note the use of mesh at the rear of the assembly to further aid in air quantity.

Dustin says about two weeks before production pieces are available.

This thing looks trick!
I can't wait to get one on my motor!

Chris
Are these avaiable?? How much are they?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Dustin is in the process of re-designing this spark arrestor so that it is shaped more like the stock one, while retaining superior flow characteristics.

From polling several 600/700 owners, the stock taper of the filter is required to clear some rear hatches.

This will set production time back a couple of weeks.

The Whipple innercooler water fittings are in production as of the time of this post, and should be ready within the week.

Chris
Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Here you go guys...

For the 600sci and 700sci motors:

Bolt on another 20+ horsepower in the over 730hp range.
Brought to you from your friends at Whipple Industries.

This is a picture of the first piece before polishing or anodizing. You can have the billet ends color matched to your motor.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Whipple 700sci Mods-600aircleaner3.jpg   Whipple 700sci Mods-600aircleaner4.jpg  

Last edited by CB-BLR; 03-18-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Chris
Gold Member

For 600sci and 700sci motors:

Here are the new oversized replacement innercooler fittings. They are a true an-12 (3/4") through the entire piece.

By comparison, the stock fittings are 1/2" on the inlet side of the innercooler, and 1/4" on the exit side. This is to maintain water pressure for the motor.

These new innercooler fittings should be used with a seperate pickup for the innercooler, along with a seperate strainer.

They are available now, and when set up properly, will drastically reduce intake temperatures.

Also, by removing the innercooler from the motor water flow equation, the heat exchanger will be getting more water, making it more efficient.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Whipple 700sci Mods-600waterinlet.jpg  

Last edited by CB-BLR; 03-18-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Can you run the Whipple arrestors on stock 700's? Is whipple taking orders yet?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ktron
Can you run the Whipple arrestors on stock 700's? Is whipple taking orders yet?
Yes, you can run the Whipple arrestors on a stock 600 or 700. On a stock 700, I would imagine it would only gain you about 8 horsepower or so.

Whipple is taking orders now, and the first set should be ready for shipping early next week.

Chris
Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Update: Whipple 600sci/700sci Stage VI

960 hp
850 ft/lbs of torque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl8M-AI-ZrM

Chris
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the early 600-700 they were mapped for 91 or higher but if you put 87-89 in them the knock sensor would pull the timming back so you could run them without damage, now the new ones you can run them on 89 and still make "their" max power. With the Whipple stuff I know he wants 91 or higher but if you have to buy lower oct. will it still back the timming off enough to run them ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.