Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Maimi boat show ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/222491-maimi-boat-show.html)

masi242 01-10-2010 07:55 AM

Maimi boat show ?

1 Attachment(s)
This will be our third time at the show and it`s always great to see whats new, but what about the in water show. Is it worth the time in taking the shuttle over. Its always nice to come home with a few things looking for some Leverage and Swipes to take home. You never know what kind of crazy $hit you will see.

Any info is great

Macklin 01-10-2010 08:17 AM

H*ll yes its worth the trip over! And you need to get yourself on the list to go for a ride. It is a blast going out through Governers Cut!

masi242 01-10-2010 08:29 AM

Thanks, I didn`t want to push my luck in asking for a ride, but how do you get on a list?

Macklin 01-10-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by masi242 (Post 3021056)
Thanks, I didn`t want to push my luck in asking for a ride, but how do you get on a list?

Well, if you are looking to move up, manufacturers who are in the water will usually offer. Formula is always good about providing rides. At least the years we went. You can sign up at their booth at the show just by asking. We always went with alot of other boat club members who were also looking to move up and they would also score rides and I would tag along. The ride on the 50 Hustler with triple Yanmars and ASD's with Joe at the wheel was one of my favorites! Blasting through Governers Cut in that beast throwing three huge rooster tails was a trip!

Or you can just hang out on the docks, be at the right place, and step on board at the right time. :party-smiley-004:

And the beer in the dock shop is cold and cheap! At least by Miami standards...

cosmic12 01-10-2010 09:41 AM

I know where there will be a great party Sat night!

boating37 01-10-2010 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by masi242 (Post 3021035)
This will be our third time at the show and it`s always great to see whats new, but what about the in water show. Is it worth the time in taking the shuttle over. Its always nice to come home with a few things looking for some Leverage and Swipes to take home. You never know what kind of crazy $hit you will see.

Any info is great

Yes it would be worth it.The 42 Statment boat will be in the water, worth the tripp aloan.Go take a ride on that boat,and hope it is rough water so you can see th aircoushin ride at it's best.

masi242 01-10-2010 11:23 AM

Mac, that sounds great, I wish I was in the position to move up, but my daughter wants to go to college in two years. Just looking for a ride, your right timing is everything.

wish list 38TG or 353 Formula:drink:

Macklin 01-10-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by masi242 (Post 3021150)
Mac, that sounds great, I wish I was in the position to move up, but my daughter wants to go to college in two years. Just looking for a ride, your right timing is everything.

wish list 38TG or 353 Formula:drink:

Well...they don't know that. Tell them you are interested and ask if you can ride on the 353. That is exactly what I did. Rode their 382? the same day.

38TG is a whole nother league. :drink:

raceday500 01-11-2010 10:30 AM

Hustler 39 Rockit

We will have the New 110+ mph 39 Rockit at the in water Mercury Booth this year so come down and check it out.

joefitness123 01-11-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by masi242 (Post 3021035)

Any info is great

HECK yea it's worth it..It is an amazing display of boats that can be ridden if you are in the market to move up..I have been going to the Miami show for the past 20 years and every year it seems to get better and bigger..AWESOME SHOW...Don't miss it..

:drink: