Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   02 chevy trailblazer?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22255-02-chevy-trailblazer.html)

GEORGE YURICK 04-14-2002 10:22 PM

02 chevy trailblazer??

does anyone on the board own a trailblazer.. thinking about buying one .. will probably get an LTZ model .. or i f i can wit long ehough for it the extenderd version of it.. my other choice would be a tahoe , but everyone around here has a tahoe ..kinda played out .. any input would be appreciated... thanx:D

Pure Energy 04-14-2002 10:59 PM

I have a '02 Trailblazer LTZ and love it. The only thing I do not like is the brakes are soft. Gotta push hard to stop short and feels like peddle is close to the floor. But never had any issue with it. Very comfortable smooth ride. I am a Ford man but Chevy did a nice job with this truck. Lots of goodies. Take one for a ride and see for yourself. We bought it for $500 over invoice. I'll still take my F-350 deisel over it anyday:D

buck183 04-15-2002 01:40 AM

The wife and I looked hard at the TrailBlazer vs the Tahoe ourselves. Didn't make much sense to me.

If you take a fully equipped LT Tahoe and a fully equipped LT TrailBlazer they were almost the same exact money. With the Tahoe you get a third seat, longer wheel base(better ride), more towing capacity, and probably better resale value. I didn't quite understand GM's pricing on these things.

About the only thing the Trailblazer had the advantage in was fuel mileage. That wasn't a factor since she puts less the 10k a year on her vehicles anyway.

I have driven the new motor several times when working on them for my local dealer. Supposed to have more HP then the GM 5.3, didn't seem like it to me.

Just my $.02

Buck

GEORGE YURICK 04-15-2002 06:32 PM

yeah buck i am looking at that price closeness right now.. gonna go shopping and driving this week .. i just really like the look of the trailblazer..decisions decisions

Pure Energy 04-15-2002 06:55 PM

I may be confused but when we went shopping a loaded Tahoe was in the mid 40's, the Trailblazer is mid 30's.

Ron P 04-15-2002 08:15 PM

The Tahoe is bigger that the Trailblazer. You owe it to yourself to look at the GMC equivelent, the GMC Envoy. Much nicer looking than the trailblazer inside and especially outside. Different body panels all around, but same chassis and engine.

Also it has a load leveling system for towing. Take a look.

buck183 04-15-2002 11:08 PM

Ken,

When we were looking at them the loaded LT Tahoes were in the upper 30's and the loaded LT Trailblazers were about 2k less.

I have seen several loaded LT Tahoes with every option available in the high 30's.

Buck

Pure Energy 04-15-2002 11:57 PM

Buck183,

Did not see that around here. Seemed a bit impractical to spend extra for the Tahoe, and especially lower fuel economy. If it was a diff of a couple of grand I might have opted (sp) for the Tahoe. It is a beautiful truck.

buck183 04-16-2002 12:44 AM

I agree, if it's several thou difference go w/ the TBlazer. Especially if your on a budget. Makes sense to me.

Buck

mark linger 04-16-2002 07:19 AM

:) picked up my 2oo2 trailblazer a few weeks ago,so far i am very happy with it