Notices

Need TV/DVD for F 350

Old 04-13-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need TV/DVD for F 350

Anyone out there have and suggestions on what brand to get, and how the trim works, do they make something so it fits the slope of the cealing.????
My wife hates driving cross country unless she can watch TV, so I must acomadate her.

It would be nice to see the TV from the front seats, but the drop down screens from the dome lite area are OK too.

Randy
Old 04-13-2002, 11:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Technically it is illegal to have a live broadcast in the view of a driver. Nevertheless If you get a dash mounted unit you can rig it up to display on air broadcasts as well as GPS. Look at Alpine and Eclipse (http://www.eclipse-web.com/) Eclipse has a really nice double Din model. in My F-350 I have a Kennwood P907 in the dash and a Clarion 6" monitor mounted in the center floor console with a APEX DVD Plaer with a special mounting kit from clarion that replaces the back edge of the stock console. I will see If I can find a picture
Old 04-13-2002, 12:01 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Out here in California we have a store called Frys Electronics. I got a Blaupunct DVD CD MP3 player with a 5.5 inch screen for $300.00. I thought it was to good to be true or it was junk. Turns out it is nice equiptment. Screen is crystal clear and the player will play anything you put in it. I have an old body style chevy 1 ton. On the passenger side is a large pocket for storage. I mounted the DVD player there and the screen above the radio. I can see the screen while I am driving. Its illegal as hell but thats what tinted windows are for. Other stores like Good guys or Circuit city sell the same equiptment but it cost a little more.
Old 04-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Registered

I just looed at one at Sam's Club for $350.00. It was in a center console type enclosure. Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:40 AM
jb
Registered

This may not be much help...but my friend has the monitor attached like the old cell phones to the floor adaptor. Can rotate it towards the passenger or for himself. Has his clarion Joyride "auto pc" hooked up. What an amazing system
Old 04-14-2002, 12:03 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Joyride is a great piece. Expensive but man it does a lot. There are a lot of options and it depends on what you want to do. Clarions are great and they have controls on the units. Pioneers are also good but I do not think that they have the new stuff out yet that allows you to do controls with out the remotes so if you do not want to have to use a remote for your controls then the Clarion is great. Most of them are 16X9 pannels so that you can have a larger picture when watching the DVD's

Jonaaaaaaaa
Old 04-14-2002, 03:38 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Troutly I think that Panasonic makes one. I am drawing a total mind blank hear as to the model. It can go with you anywere and is small. Great quality screen. If you bring the computer on the boat make sure you hold it down well as they are not meant for the beating.

Jon
Old 04-15-2002, 07:40 AM
jb
Registered

Might not be what your looking for but Sunday I looked at a 9, and 13" Toshiba with built in dvd player. It was very nice and was less than $300
Old 04-15-2002, 08:10 AM
FWK

Hey Randy give me a call. I am a dealer for Pioneer and they have som great automotive video equipment. Forrest

Old 04-15-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

I just added a LCD screeen and a couple cameras to my cruiser. A rear facing one for backing up and a low light camera for night. Got everything from http://www.partsexpress.com/. Very happy with it. They have a really good online catalog too.
Gary