Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who builds web sites? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22270-who-builds-web-sites.html)

Ron P 04-16-2002 11:11 AM

Thanks folks, I have past along your info to the client.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-16-2002 11:27 AM

Puder does this as well...WWW.PUDER.COM By looking at that site for Breton, it seems alot less complicated compared to what I have done on mine. One page? It can't be too bad...or expensive. If I had more knowledge as to how to build it and then move it to their site I would do it as a "CONTRIBUTION". That's the least I could for those VOLUNTEERS. RonP? If you could relay any info to me on how that transition is done, let me know. I built a one page site for Doug at ProMarine, but it is on my site utilizing my server and data space. One day I'll have to go take a class...;) :D :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-16-2002 11:32 AM

OOOPS!!!:o My mistake. Just saw it was more than one page. I didn't see the "FLAMES ENTER" amongst the flames background. Yeah that would take a bit more time.....;)

gacrew 04-16-2002 07:30 PM

Sharkeymarine,

What info do you need to know about transferring a file to webspace? Is that what you're asking? You can use anything to build it - text editor or a site editing tool such as Dreamweaver, etc. Save it whereever, and then use the file transferring software that comes with the hosting company to upload it. If none - you can get some for free from the web.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-16-2002 08:40 PM

Gacrew, I currently have ZDNET as my host and build everything right there on my site through TRELLIX. Of course it is quite simple. Post Pics, Text, and LINKs. Now I see they just added Tables. It's perfect for a Novice such as myself. I also have MS Web Publishing but never used it and also I have TRELLIX on my hard drive. Never tried publishing anything from either one. I guess what I am asking is, "What info do I need to know about my Web Pages, Support Files, and the Server?" The program says I need this info to be able to publish. Do you know what type of info they are asking? Perhaps specific info from ZDNET? I do run a second site on mine that somehow I would like to COPY and move it to another address. Is this possible??? :confused:

buckknekkid 04-16-2002 09:53 PM

web sites are easy

We would be glad to give you a guesstimate, check out our clients on the site and their projects.spiritinteractive.com

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-16-2002 10:04 PM

That LINK didn't work, try this...spiritinteractive.com ;) Simple mistake. There was a comma after the WWW.

buckknekkid 04-17-2002 06:22 AM

Thanks Shark

My fingers were too sore after Golfing and Cycling like a maniac all day. email me at [email protected] about moving your site and I'll do it for you.:o :o