Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure! >

Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!

Notices

Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!

Old 01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Nortech had a model of a tender concept with a simliar bow design at the miami show last year.
Attached Thumbnails Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-nortech-tender1.jpg   Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-nortech-tender2.jpg  
Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twin screws
looks like a giant squid.

I remember that the article mentioned something about the design appearance modeling a whale, but I do see what you mean. It's different....I like it!

There is a yacht that did launch in 2008 that is 390 feet long called "A" designed by Philippe Starck that has a similar shaped bow.

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 01-20-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I remember that the article mentioned something about the design appearance modeling a whale, but I do see what you mean. It's different....I like it!

There is a yacht that did launch in 2008 that is 390 feet long called "A" designed by Philippe Starck that has a similar shaped bow.

Here are a few pics of "A" including specifications. The picture showing a bed....that is just one of the guest cabins and not the owner's suite.
Attached Thumbnails Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-.jpg   Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-b.jpg   Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-c.jpg  

Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-d.jpg   Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-e.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you would like to see more of the PAVO Limo Yacht tender by Nor-Tech take a look at our website www.pavotenders.com We will also build a "Sports" model with some very innovative design features. We did the reverse bow to maximise running surface. Our boat will be available from 32 to 42 feet via our adjustable mold to fit a particular yachts garage door size. To maximise ride quality we want the most rnning surface possible. We also offer a straight or flat bow for this same tender.
Peter Pavkovich
Custom Marine Sales
Attached Thumbnails Images of a New Yacht Concept - A HUGE Departure!-dsc_1253-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by custommarine; 01-22-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I understand the rationale behind the vertical axe bow, but the stability and sea keeping of the reverse bow makes me a little scared.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Here are a few pics of "A" including specifications. The picture showing a bed....that is just one of the guest cabins and not the owner's suite.
That thing definitely looks like a sub