Notices

Vinyl cleaner???

Old 04-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TUFF STUFF WORKS VERY WELL ..ALWAYS A CAN ON MY RID AND IN MY CAR TOO FOR THOSE OOOOPS OCCASIONS.. ZEP MAKES A VYNIL CLEANER THAT WORKS REAL WELL ALSO BUT IS ONLY AVAILABLE COMMERCIALLY .... HAPPY CLEENIN EVERYBODY....
Old 04-16-2002, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Tuff Stuff spray liquid. Spray it on full strength and use a soft brush with short bristles. Then take a damp towel and wipe clean. It also works great at getting stains out of cockpit carpeting.

Has anyone found any products they like better than Tuff Stuff?
I'm always looking for better ideas.

Dan
Old 04-16-2002, 07:50 AM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Lots of good advice above, and personally I use Spray Nine for most things, and Soft Scrub with bleach for the real hard stains.

HOWEVER, the best piece of advice you should certainly heed is full and complete rinse first, then protectant like 303 found in stores. If you don't rinse, some of the chemicals will break down the threading and prematurely rip. Rinse, rinse, and then rinse again, followed with a protectant.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 04-16-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Troutly said.....
My boat is a '93 & I have never used anything but mild soap & water.....but also a soft fingernail brush for the seams. Remove all residue.....no conditioners at all. My vinyl is like new after 9 years. No cracks, no worn/torn seams, etc.....& I take a border collie/lab mix dog with us most times. This method seems to work well.
Maybe, the real key here is to wipe the upholstery down after EACH use, to remove the skin oils, tanning lotions, etc.
and not let it soak in for days, weeks or months. A lttle more regular maintenance than twice a year...
Old 04-16-2002, 04:47 PM
jmackin111

SD-20 is far better than any vinyl cleaner Ive found. Spray it on and us a soft damp brush. It is an all purpose cleaner and can be found at most hardware stores. You wont beleive the difference. Ive used it for years without any problems.