Redding CA anyone boat Shasta? >

Redding CA anyone boat Shasta?

Notices

Redding CA anyone boat Shasta?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redding CA anyone boat Shasta?

I've driven through this area countless times, stopped at the first outlet mall on the I-5 at Redding. But dont know much about the area.

Shasta County Economic Development Corp is sending a prop. for us to move our production to this area. So I'll be over there this weekend looking at buildings, etc. So wondering who boats in this area?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:15 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a poker run up there as well, I have a friend that lives in redding and she enjoys it.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Banned

I have only driven by it. It's one of the prettiest places in America.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Registered

We boat on Shasta every year, its a very large lake with great water for skiing and boating. The water gets up to mid 80's in the summer. The only downfall is the red dirt that comes with the territory.
Have fun
Old 04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We go every year, by early June water is comfortably warm, right now lake is 90% full and the snow is still melting, so it should be another great season.

Very large lake with four main bodies, and dozens of coves for beaching and skiing. Clean water and beautiful scenery, one of two places that I have seen bald eagles in the wild.

Houseboat rentals, camping, cabins, and a nice motel resort are all available, depending on your preferences. Weather is very warm most of the time, but a summer thunder shower does happen occasionally.

The town of Redding is nearby, and provides all the amenities you could desire, great restaurants, malls, theaters, etc..

You will enjoy the lake and surroundings.

Larry

62 Bel-Air 409

260 Eagle XP HP500EFI

2002 Corvette M6 Coupe
Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bubbletop409
The town of Redding is nearby, and provides all the amenities you could desire, great restaurants, malls, theaters, etc..

You will enjoy the lake and surroundings.
Two warm water's and my current town lacks those amenities.

I'll only have to live there for 3 to 6 months. So I'm thinking a Donzi Minx or 22 Classic would fit well on the lakes, along with the odd trip into the Pacific....
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Registered

We do two trips there every year. 1st on is fathers Day weekend and we will do one more in Sept. Fathers day we have roughly 30 boats going up for a fun run with Helicopter photo shoot. Here is a link for any one interested.

http://www.pokerrunswest.com/events.html#shasta
Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Deltarat
We do two trips there every year. 1st on is fathers Day weekend and we will do one more in Sept. Fathers day we have roughly 30 boats going up for a fun run with Helicopter photo shoot. Here is a link for any one interested.

http://www.pokerrunswest.com/events.html#shasta
Thanks.... Since I dont know very many people in California, these events are good for me both fun and social wise. I'll look into renting a houseboat for Fathers Day while I'm there over the weekend.

I've allready put the newest P-car on Ebay for the Donzi fund!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

That would be great, the more people that are there the better. Look forward to meeting up with some of the OSO people.

Last edited by Deltarat; 04-11-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Registered

I went to the poker runs west web site but didn't see any info on a 2010 poker run, does anyone know if they'll be having one in 2010? We would love to bring the boat up and check it out!

Phillip

Quick Reply: Redding CA anyone boat Shasta?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.