Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Stafford County Va. Boat Tax !!!!!!!!!!! >

Stafford County Va. Boat Tax !!!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Stafford County Va. Boat Tax !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stafford County Va. Boat Tax !!!!!!!!!!!

There is a public hearing on Feb. 2 about getting rid of or lowering it. I know I am going to ***** about it. I live in Widewater beach and the road is one of the worst in Stafford and they say the money is for the roads, now the State has 700 acres of park land down here right across the street from my house and the plan is for a park and boat ramp. There are all kinds of people crying for another ramp in the area, most seem to live in Prince William County where there is no tax, now they want to tow down my crappy road where we pay a ton of tax and my boat never touches the road. I hope they don't build the ramp down here I like it being quite but if they do they better get rid of our tax.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered

seems like VA tries to tax everthing. good luck
Old 01-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered

The boat tax is insane in Stafford the rest is just the normal crap, sure other places are lower but I have lived in NVa. all my life I geuss I am use to it.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Please tell them that I will be moving to NVA in the next 6 months and was going to buy in Stafford until I talk to the successor's office. (There is a thread about this where it was my turn to scream about it) So I'm looking at every county BUT Stafford, my objective is purchase 1 yard from their county line, I like the area but I'm not going to move their specifically due to the boat tax. * my spouse says otherwise, but don't tell them that!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Tell them its unconstitutional. Private property is mentioned in the constitution 3 times including: no private property shall be taken without just compensation.

How can anyone say they have private property when you have to pay taxes to keep it? You don't. There is a woman in TX, Debra Medina, who is running for governor and is trying to abolish all property taxes. I would encourage people of every state to try and do the same.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

they'll just change it to a fee,