Notices

Paint Opinions

Old 04-16-2002, 01:46 AM
Mother

Red face Paint Opinions

I am planning to paint my 86 Chaparral Villain III... I have mocked up a concept, and was looking for some opinions, ideas etc..

This isnt actually a picture of my boat, but one almost identical (only diff being that the 'black' on my boat is more like a really dark charcoal.

Orig:
Attached Thumbnails Paint Opinions-ovill.jpg  

Old 04-16-2002, 01:47 AM
Mother

This is the current concept:
Attached Thumbnails Paint Opinions-momsblackhole-wider.jpg  

Old 04-16-2002, 06:34 AM
Miami

Place the boat in the water and mark with masking tape the waterline. Following the angle of the masking tape, lower the line down 5 to 8 inches. This will give you the approximate exposed area of the hull when it is at rest and when it is up and running.

All boats are bulbous in the rear ( fat rear ends 0 and taper to a sharp point in the front. Your accent striping and or graphics should be larger in rear and taper or thin as it moves forward. This visually lenghtens the boat and makes the rear look less thick. Paint the hull sides and deck sides - in the rear - the same color. If you add color or graphics in the rear, run them up through the vents. Painting the vents looks way cool. just my .04 cents - Good Luck Paul