Renting powerboat in the Long Beach area

Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Renting powerboat in the Long Beach area

Hi,

I hope you are well.

Do you know if there are any company in the LA area, preferable Long Beach, who rent out powerboats of approx. 34-40 feet? Not cabin cruiser, more a Cigarette / Formula / Fountain / etc. It can also be a center console.

My wife and me are travelling to Catalina Island every year. We have done it for 6 years in a row. By coincidence I read about the island in Powerboat magazine, and it was a instant hit. Its very easy to combine som great days out there with business in LA.

We have fell in love with Catalina. In some years time, we plan to stay there for some months every year. Here in Norway we have minus 20 celcius at this time, and winter can be rough. We rather be a place with nice weather!

In additon to this you have to pay 8 USD for gallon of fuel, and powerboats are insane expensive due to taxes etc. So renting a boat for a weeks time will be much better financially.

I have driven offshore boats for more than 30 years now, and along I have earned a offshore certificate.

At this moment I have a old style outboard offshore hull. A Phantom 25 with twin Merc 2.5 EFI SS engines running approx. 88-90 mph. Its a very narrow boat (5,5 feet), so its a balancing act

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheeers, ToffenG

Last edited by Toffen; 01-28-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

There are no offshore performance boat rentals in the Southern California area that I know of. I think you've be hard pressed to find an offshore boat to rent anywhere in the states period. Too much liability and wear and tear.

Catalina is an awesome island. I always get the European feel and a throw back to simpler times when I'm on Catalina.

I'm sure if you wanted to go for a ride (possibly rent a boat with the owner for a day) that could be arranged. You may want to post this question on the Southern California Offshore Powerboat Elite site ( www.scopeinfo.com ). They are based out of this area (long beach, Newport, Huntington beach, etc).

When are you planning a trip and how long?