Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New member!!! and need your guys assistance pls! >

New member!!! and need your guys assistance pls!

Notices

New member!!! and need your guys assistance pls!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
, but most 13 year old cars look and run brand new???

700HP and TQ is over the ratings of the XR's....and that would be stout out of a 502 based 500 motor. Plan on buying drives soon as replacements, might as well run those till they blow (which probably won't be long).

(BTW:i've got 630hp, rarely run over 3,500-3,800 and blew an XR in 2 years)
Ya im pumped to see what i get outta these things , but ya im scared these little Bravo 1's are gonna blow! If i upgrade the drives what should i go to and dont say #6's lol! pls
Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by H2Xmark
if your boat won't hit 90 with 700 hp then something is really wrong, like the hull is not straight, your drives are way to deep and or wrong props, also raw water cooled motors take a beating with corrosion and electrolyses. new motors if not taken well care of by flushing and maintenance will look like crap on the inside with time. sounds like you have a nice boat there, have fun with it and welcome to the board.
Thats what im thinking too! i better be in the 90's lol!! but who knows , my drives are clearly the weakest link here!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverEndn
Ya im pumped to see what i get outta these things , but ya im scared these little Bravo 1's are gonna blow! If i upgrade the drives what should i go to and dont say #6's lol! pls
imco scx's
Old 02-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

May want to upgrade your internals of those B1's to XR's before you wreck the cases.
Those old single steps really respond to -2 shortie lowers.
Look in Swap Shop, I have a set. Also have some 32 B1 props to sell.
90 should be easy.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Registered

I drove 35 Lighting a couple years ago with stock 500 EFI's and with one body and a half load of fuel and it ran 92 mph.on gps. As far as the drives go you are well over the max for Hp and torque. A couple of suggestions. 1 NO full throttle starts. Ease it up on plane. Remember torque will tear the drives apart. 2 When jumping out of the water pull the throttles all the way back until back in the water. 3 Change gear oil with High performance oil every 30 hours such as Mercury or a synthetic such as Amsoil . Also engine oil and filters every 30 hours, with what ever your engine builder suggests or Mobile 1 or Amsoil or what ever flavor you prefer. 4 If you do not have drive showers I would consider them an absolute must in this application. They really will make a differance in keeping gear case oil temps down. Just remember if you want to be a cowboy be prepared to pay with money, frustration, anxiety. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Damien, do a search in the fountain section, there has been many of us that have gone down this same road before. My hull was a '99 & still had a really low X-Dim. -2 lowers are required to get in the 90's, your HP #'s are great, but remember thats with dyno headers & no accessories, your likely 660 - 675 once in the boat with wet headers, the inc. MPH does'nt come as easy as you think, this is why I moved to a cat hull out of frustration... with V's with minor increments in speeds & lots dollars $$ spent my .02

Last edited by Ran-Dom 32; 02-02-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Registered

hey skull..a new fountain owner / OSO friend is looking for advice, not an attitude! If you don't have anything worthwhile to say, especially without knowing the facts, be quiet!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverEndn
Well the props that were on it with the stock setup were labbed 28P, i planned on trying a set of 32P or even 34's not sure yet , the motors arent even in the boat yet. But i spun the 28P right to 5200-5300RPM almost to the rev limiter. The new setups RPMs are much higher i think it was around 5600-5800RPM ill have the dyno sheets this week.
Since you will be turning 5600-5800 rpms, the 32"s Bravo may work. Test time. Good luck in dailing in your Fountain. It should be a strong running boat. Maybe you can get a deal from Kelly O who posted that there are a 32" props that he is selling. The Phantom had 28", 30", 32", (and engine work/new engines with each prop change) and now labbed 34" Bravos, but I only turn 5050 rpms. Testing, testing, testing
Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

I agree with smarty, I run 32's at 5400 rpm and occasionally bump up against the rev limiters...tried 34's but no luck at all with 'em..satisfied running 93 with 525's in mine. Have some fun testing your setup!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
Damien, do a search in the fountain section, there has been many of us that have gone down this same road before. My hull was a '99 & still had a really low X-Dim. -2 lowers are required to get in the 90's, your HP #'s are great, but remember thats with dyno headers & no accessories, your likely 660 - 675 once in the boat with wet headers, the inc. MPH does'nt come as easy as you think, this is why I moved to a cat hull out of frustration... with V's with minor increments in speeds & lots dollars $$ spent my .02

Ya i realize all these factors, but im limited as to what i can do at this point , as for the -2 shorties im lookin for a set but my motors are still not officially done yet so, we'll see if there in the budget for this year still gotta fix some electrical **** add another battery, so and so forth! wish me luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.