• Beam: 9’

• Height: 76”

• Dead Rise: Avg 22 degrees

• Patent Pending Constant Lift Bottom Design

• Approximate Weight: 9,000lbs

• Fuel Tank Capacity: 296 Gallons

• Engines: Twin Staggered Stern drives

• Factory Direct $199,000 496 HO Latham, Bravo One, SS Prop

• Factory Direct Email for Pricing 525’s White Gel, ITS, Maximus, Data Tach, Infused Hull,

• Factory Direct Email for Pricing 525’s Custom Paint, ITS, Maximus, Data Tach, Infused Hull

The fastest 40 foot boats on the water. With twin staggered 525 mercury’s you will be able to reach est. speeds of 100 mph.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Good

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Let us know how "patenting" a hull design works out.
Our patent has put food on the table for over 25 years.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I call Bull**** on the 100 MPH w/525's....
Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Registered

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a awesome time today at the Miami boat show. We met up with a lot of people. We will be there again tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet up give me (Pete) a call or text 252-917-3673 or give Chris a shout or text 419-367-9128.

Evolution Performance Boats
Old 02-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered

Did you have a boat at the show? If you did sorry I missed it!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by db71
How far along is this? plugs made? Mold made? where is the manufacturing facility going to be? NC or somewhere else. Unlike probably everyone else I think it is as good of time as any to start a boat company. I was even talking about it on the other SOS just last week. When do you expect to start the first one? or is it already started?
We Have the molds for the deck and small parts. We are going to try and get a hull mold cut from a 5 axis router as soon as we can. Yes are located in NC. We too bekive that with all of the boat companies going out of business it would be a great time for us to go into business. Thanks,

Evolution Performance Boats
Old 02-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wouldn't you start with the hull first? What do you mean by "try" to get a hull mold cut from a 5 axis router? Wouldn't you know if you were going to or not and wouldn't you be cutting a plug from the 5 axis, not the actual mold?

I would have to disagree with the timing on starting a marine manufacturing company...particularly in the limited niche market of offshore powerboats. I don't mean to be negative, but unfortunately, we haven't seen the bottom of this economy yet. There are no true economic indicators that things are getting better...a drop unemployment which is one of your earliest indicators is still on the rise...companies are trimming fat to weather expected difficult times.

I understand that extreme high dollar luxury items are still somewhat doing well...the ultra rich are still rich and taking advantage a depressed market where they can...but the ultra rich aren't your typical offshore powerboat buyers.

I would imagine you plan on selling factory direct...getting dealers on board is next to impossible...most of them are in danger of going out of business....those in business can't get wholesale financing very easily and in most cases new manufacturers can't get deals done with traditional wholesale financing because they can't guarantee recourse.

I would have a business plan that can afford to run in the red for at least five years before I would drop a dime into a new marine manufacturing company...and sensibly I would wait until the economy makes some clear steps in the right direction. We haven't seen the last of the boat builders going out of business, would hate to see you add to it. Not meaning to rain on your parade, just hoping you've thought this through. I lost my @$$ bigtime building boats about 10 years ago...it wasn't fun!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MrOffshore
Wouldn't you start with the hull first? What do you mean by "try" to get a hull mold cut from a 5 axis router? Wouldn't you know if you were going to or not and wouldn't you be cutting a plug from the 5 axis, not the actual mold?

I would have to disagree with the timing on starting a marine manufacturing company...particularly in the limited niche market of offshore powerboats. I don't mean to be negative, but unfortunately, we haven't seen the bottom of this economy yet. There are no true economic indicators that things are getting better...a drop unemployment which is one of your earliest indicators is still on the rise...companies are trimming fat to weather expected difficult times.

I understand that extreme high dollar luxury items are still somewhat doing well...the ultra rich are still rich and taking advantage a depressed market where they can...but the ultra rich aren't your typical offshore powerboat buyers.

I would imagine you plan on selling factory direct...getting dealers on board is next to impossible...most of them are in danger of going out of business....those in business can't get wholesale financing very easily and in most cases new manufacturers can't get deals done with traditional wholesale financing because they can't guarantee recourse.

I would have a business plan that can afford to run in the red for at least five years before I would drop a dime into a new marine manufacturing company...and sensibly I would wait until the economy makes some clear steps in the right direction. We haven't seen the last of the boat builders going out of business, would hate to see you add to it. Not meaning to rain on your parade, just hoping you've thought this through. I lost my @$$ bigtime building boats about 10 years ago...it wasn't fun!
MrOffshore,

Thank you for the advice and thoughts, our plan is to try and run this company on the skinny to get going. You are right we are not from the elite ultra rich pack and we have a tight budget. We have spoken with several other boat companies that are willing to help and we can sub out some of the work on this boat to them to avoid having excessive overhead. We have spoken with both Checkmate boats in Ohio and Brooks Boats Works in NC to sub out some of our fiberglass hand layup and infusion production. This will of course be closely monitored. We will also be choosing to have top race riggers and electrical guru's from some of the major players in the business helping with this work as well. As we have said in the other posts we have been working on this for quite some time and we are here to make a quality boat that will run extremely well but not break your pocket book. The plan for our tooling can go 2 ways, one we could have a plug 5 axis cut and a permanent mold made from this or we could have a female temporary mold made and create a master later. The female temporary mold will allow us to get a boat to market much quicker to as you might say “put our money where our mouth is.” We want to be low volume and are not here for the flash and glamour, but rather for our customer base, which by the thread views, is growing. Pete and I come from marine backgrounds, but we also have business and engineering backgrounds that help support our passion. While at Miami we have had several good conversations with the 2 top performance engine builders, have met some contacts to help with our marketing, and have found some leads for both boat purchases and investors. Again thank you for the feedback as any feedback at this time that is like your is very constructive and helpful for us.

Thanks,
Chris Grueber
Old 02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by db71
I assume top 2 engine manufacurers are mercury and Illmor?? I see what your saying about the temporary mold but in reality it is wasted money. for the same price as a temporary mold you could probably build a one off boat. If you don't mind me asking how much for a cnc mold for a 40' boat??? How much to do a plug and mold.
Yes that was them. The temp mold will get about 10-15 parts it will cost about 60k. we plan on building 5-6 boats a year. So that is why we are considering it
Old 02-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Registered

I think its a smart move not to let a great deck go to waste. Build a new hull.

Here are some pics of the deck mold, for those that may doubt that it exists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.