Like Tree0Likes

What Has Powerboat Done This Time! Matt Trulio

Reply
Old 02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Ms PatriYacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat
Posts: 5,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Isn't Bob Teague the owner, chief writer and editor of PBM?

Sometimes I can't tell.

T2x
LOL
Ms PatriYacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:48 PM
  #12
Registered
 
Ms PatriYacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat
Posts: 5,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
PBM is suffering the same ill of all printed medium. Have you seen any of the business mags lately, or Rolling Stone? These are all now just skeletons of their once great prominence. Sad, but true. I subscribe to a number of publications, and its as though I am watching a cancer patient wither to the bone.
While we will inevitably lose one source to evolution, we have also gained one. Sites like this and, the ones mentioned by Matt, offer a plethora of information. Personally I can't even begin to describe how much I have learned from OSO's Q&A section, and how much that knowledge has helped my offshore program.
So true, by the time you get a magazine most of the news is old. The internet while you gotta love it I am sad to say has been the demise of many companies
Ms PatriYacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
  #13
Registered
 
iveyhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: oxford, n.c.
My Boats: 1997fountain24cs
Posts: 68
Default

PBM has been going back since Reggie quit buying 5 pages !!!
iveyhoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
  #14
Registered
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 1998 Scarab
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
Thanks for the sentiment, but the decrease in my contributions to Powerboat is simply business. Please support the magazine if it is, in fact, something you like.

I love contributing to Powerboat and will do as much (or little) and the people there like. But I've also been freed up to pursue other things like boatermouth.com and speedonthewater.com, and that's given me a ton of satisfaction and joy.
You are a stand up guy and anybody would be priviledged to have you on their team
frankenstein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM
  #15
Correspondent
Correspondent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
There has to be something better then Powerboat. They have been steadily going downhill for years.
Padraig, do I owe you money or something? Did I say something bad about someone in your family? Run over your dog with my truck?

If nothing else, you are consistent. You never miss a chance to take a swing at Powerboat. You have voted with your wallet, but for some reason that's not enough. You need to dish.

No big deal, I wish you felt differently. But to most folks (and I'm not talking about people at the magazine), you simply come across as bitter and angry.

Or maybe you're just a frustrated writer. So here's what I suggest:

Grab a laptop, start writing and build a career. Otherwise, man, lighten up. Because you're hitting the same note again and again, and it's kind of shrill.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 AM
  #16
Correspondent
Correspondent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Isn't Bob Teague the owner, chief writer and editor of PBM?

Sometimes I can't tell.

T2x
Um ... no.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:00 PM
  #17
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
Um ... no.
Well said...simple, concise, and to the point.......

Truly the mark of a gifted writer......
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakewood, NY, USA
My Boats: Velocity 290 VR- 1
Posts: 2,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
Padraig, do I owe you money or something? Did I say something bad about someone in your family? Run over your dog with my truck?

If nothing else, you are consistent. You never miss a chance to take a swing at Powerboat. You have voted with your wallet, but for some reason that's not enough. You need to dish.

No big deal, I wish you felt differently. But to most folks (and I'm not talking about people at the magazine), you simply come across as bitter and angry.

Or maybe you're just a frustrated writer. So here's what I suggest:

Grab a laptop, start writing and build a career. Otherwise, man, lighten up. Because you're hitting the same note again and again, and it's kind of shrill.
No Mat, I am not a frustrated writer .... I am a frustrated reader. I know what Powerboat was in the past and what a shallow reflection it is now. Used to be that I couldn't wait to get in the house to start reading it. Heck, years ago I would buy it at the news stand even though I subscribed and mine hadn't arrived yet.

After Bob Nordskog passed away the mag IMO started down hill and has never recovered. I kept hoping things would change and renewed my subscription a few times but then ended up wishing I hadn't. Oddly enough I always seemed to come back and send in my money and re-subscribe. However it will likely be a cold day in hell before I do it now!

As far as being shrill .... look to your own post. As a professional writer maybe you had better learn to take criticism a little better. It might help your career as a frustrated writer.
Padraig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
  #19
Registered
 
boilerdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Decatur, IN, USA
Posts: 172
Default

Matt Trulio's feet smell funny and he can't remember the Quadratic Equation. But we love his writing.
boilerdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:31 PM
  #20
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
No Mat, I am not a frustrated writer .... I am a frustrated reader. I know what Powerboat was in the past and what a shallow reflection it is now. Used to be that I couldn't wait to get in the house to start reading it. Heck, years ago I would buy it at the news stand even though I subscribed and mine hadn't arrived yet.

After Bob Nordskog passed away the mag IMO started down hill and has never recovered. I kept hoping things would change and renewed my subscription a few times but then ended up wishing I hadn't. Oddly enough I always seemed to come back and send in my money and re-subscribe. However it will likely be a cold day in hell before I do it now!

As far as being shrill .... look to your own post. As a professional writer maybe you had better learn to take criticism a little better. It might help your career as a frustrated writer.

What years did you subscribe and what did you like that has changed? Or, what changed that you don't like?

Last edited by thisistank; 02-17-2010 at 11:34 PM.
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.