What Has Powerboat Done This Time! Matt Trulio >

What Has Powerboat Done This Time! Matt Trulio

Notices

What Has Powerboat Done This Time! Matt Trulio

Old 02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Isn't Bob Teague the owner, chief writer and editor of PBM?

Sometimes I can't tell.

T2x
LOL
Old 02-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
PBM is suffering the same ill of all printed medium. Have you seen any of the business mags lately, or Rolling Stone? These are all now just skeletons of their once great prominence. Sad, but true. I subscribe to a number of publications, and its as though I am watching a cancer patient wither to the bone.
While we will inevitably lose one source to evolution, we have also gained one. Sites like this and, the ones mentioned by Matt, offer a plethora of information. Personally I can't even begin to describe how much I have learned from OSO's Q&A section, and how much that knowledge has helped my offshore program.
So true, by the time you get a magazine most of the news is old. The internet while you gotta love it I am sad to say has been the demise of many companies
Old 02-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PBM has been going back since Reggie quit buying 5 pages !!!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Thanks for the sentiment, but the decrease in my contributions to Powerboat is simply business. Please support the magazine if it is, in fact, something you like.

I love contributing to Powerboat and will do as much (or little) and the people there like. But I've also been freed up to pursue other things like boatermouth.com and speedonthewater.com, and that's given me a ton of satisfaction and joy.
You are a stand up guy and anybody would be priviledged to have you on their team
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
There has to be something better then Powerboat. They have been steadily going downhill for years.
Padraig, do I owe you money or something? Did I say something bad about someone in your family? Run over your dog with my truck?

If nothing else, you are consistent. You never miss a chance to take a swing at Powerboat. You have voted with your wallet, but for some reason that's not enough. You need to dish.

No big deal, I wish you felt differently. But to most folks (and I'm not talking about people at the magazine), you simply come across as bitter and angry.

Or maybe you're just a frustrated writer. So here's what I suggest:

Grab a laptop, start writing and build a career. Otherwise, man, lighten up. Because you're hitting the same note again and again, and it's kind of shrill.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Isn't Bob Teague the owner, chief writer and editor of PBM?

Sometimes I can't tell.

T2x
Um ... no.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Um ... no.
Well said...simple, concise, and to the point.......

Truly the mark of a gifted writer......
Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Padraig, do I owe you money or something? Did I say something bad about someone in your family? Run over your dog with my truck?

If nothing else, you are consistent. You never miss a chance to take a swing at Powerboat. You have voted with your wallet, but for some reason that's not enough. You need to dish.

No big deal, I wish you felt differently. But to most folks (and I'm not talking about people at the magazine), you simply come across as bitter and angry.

Or maybe you're just a frustrated writer. So here's what I suggest:

Grab a laptop, start writing and build a career. Otherwise, man, lighten up. Because you're hitting the same note again and again, and it's kind of shrill.
No Mat, I am not a frustrated writer .... I am a frustrated reader. I know what Powerboat was in the past and what a shallow reflection it is now. Used to be that I couldn't wait to get in the house to start reading it. Heck, years ago I would buy it at the news stand even though I subscribed and mine hadn't arrived yet.

After Bob Nordskog passed away the mag IMO started down hill and has never recovered. I kept hoping things would change and renewed my subscription a few times but then ended up wishing I hadn't. Oddly enough I always seemed to come back and send in my money and re-subscribe. However it will likely be a cold day in hell before I do it now!

As far as being shrill .... look to your own post. As a professional writer maybe you had better learn to take criticism a little better. It might help your career as a frustrated writer.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Matt Trulio's feet smell funny and he can't remember the Quadratic Equation. But we love his writing.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 2,965 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
No Mat, I am not a frustrated writer .... I am a frustrated reader. I know what Powerboat was in the past and what a shallow reflection it is now. Used to be that I couldn't wait to get in the house to start reading it. Heck, years ago I would buy it at the news stand even though I subscribed and mine hadn't arrived yet.

After Bob Nordskog passed away the mag IMO started down hill and has never recovered. I kept hoping things would change and renewed my subscription a few times but then ended up wishing I hadn't. Oddly enough I always seemed to come back and send in my money and re-subscribe. However it will likely be a cold day in hell before I do it now!

As far as being shrill .... look to your own post. As a professional writer maybe you had better learn to take criticism a little better. It might help your career as a frustrated writer.

What years did you subscribe and what did you like that has changed? Or, what changed that you don't like?

Last edited by thisistank; 02-17-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.