Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Powerboat Magazine launches new website... >

Powerboat Magazine launches new website...

Notices

Powerboat Magazine launches new website...

Old 02-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts
Default Powerboat Magazine launches new website...

Always evolving and attempting to
better themselves for their readers, PBM has re-built it's website into a more user friendly format. Many new cool features are included but two I think will stand out are:

* Every cover can be viewed
* Over 1300 boat tests from 1990 to present can be viewed

check it out...

www.powerboatmagazine.com

Here is the official media release:

Media Contact:
Jason Johnson
[email protected]
805-667-4375
Powerboat Magazine Launches New Web Site
Powerboatmag.com offers new interactive content for power boating enthusiasts and downloadable boat tests from 1990
VENTURA, CALIF (February 11, 2010) — Looking toward the future with interactive ways to communicate with its readers, Powerboat magazine is also making the most of its 42-year heritage — all part of a new Web site from the “World’s Leading Performance Boating Magazine.”
Loaded with resourceful and entertaining features, Powerboatmag.com is now the ultimate complement to the print publication that has informed readers since 1968. From videos to blogs and breaking news, the site provides enthusiasts with their daily performance-boating fix.
In addition to a variety of stories and advice columns to read, users can check out more than 40 years of Powerboat covers, watch user-generated videos in the “Your View” video section and enjoy pictures from past and recent events in the Photo Gallery.
Perhaps the most resourceful tool on the new site for someone looking to purchase a boat (or for those interested in reading about past models), is the downloadable boat tests component. Visitors can search through more than 1,300 reviews from Powerboat’s Test Team from 1990-present.
Various industry leaders will regularly provide blogs looking at the changing industry. Along with the Powerboat editors, contributors include Steve David, driver of the world champion Oh Boy! Oberto hydroplane; Marc Granet, driver of the world champion Miss GEICO catamaran; Scott Shogren, owner of Shogren Performance Marine in Illinois; and John Tomlinson, Powerboat Test Team driver and TNT Custom Marine owner.
“Not only does the new site showcase the history of the sport, it gives our site visitors a look at the future of boating,” said Jason Johnson, Powerboat’s managing editor. “It’s a perfect companion to the print product.”
Powerboatmag.com will offer more exciting components in the near future, such as classic race photos provided by the Historic Offshore Race Boat Association, tips on what to look for when obtaining boat insurance and much more.
##
About Powerboat Magazine
Since 1968, Powerboat Magazine has been the most trusted source of information for performance-boat enthusiasts. The magazine’s team of journalists and experts offer uncompromising performance reports and boat profiles, in-depth technical stories and exciting event coverage. And no magazine covers racing and poker runs like Powerboat. In print and online all the time, Powerboat is the name go-fast boaters have turned to for more than 40 years.
About Affinity
Affinity, www.affinitygroup.com, is the nation’s largest provider of outdoor clubs, services, media and events that service the safety, security, comfort and convenience needs of the North American recreational vehicle (RV) and outdoor enthusiast market. By providing information, insights, and resources, the company champions the fun, freedom, and adventure of recreation in motion. The company works to enhance its customers’ recreational experiences and build the communities that share and promote their fun and adventurous lifestyles.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-13-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice first "article" for your blog Tank! I think that probably echo's a number of people sentiments and experiences on this site - I know it does mine...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Nice first "article" for your blog Tank! I think that probably echo's a number of people sentiments and experiences on this site - I know it does mine...
Thanks brother. The powers that be and PBM asked me to contribute a blog to the new website so of course I jumped at the opportunity. Plus I'm in some fine company with the other bloggers. Figured for my first blog I should explain why the heck I'm blogging when all the other bloggers are so well known
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
Thanks brother. The powers that be and PBM asked me to contribute a blog to the new website so of course I jumped at the opportunity. Plus I'm in some fine company with the other bloggers. Figured for my first blog I should explain why the heck I'm blogging when all the other bloggers are so well known
I don't see your blog...
Old 02-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

Don't sell yourself short there kid - you're a blogging icon in your own right... (at least around these parts )

Lookin' forward to the next one.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I don't see your blog...
You have to go to "archives". You'll see all the bloggers there.

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Don't sell yourself short there kid - you're a blogging icon in your own right... (at least around these parts )

Lookin' forward to the next one.
HAHAH...Thanks man....The second one is written and in the shoot.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool - already bought some old articles