Need opinion on next boat. >

Need opinion on next boat.

Notices

Need opinion on next boat.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greazyg
Well then I am sure you have heard this before then. "Take that $100k and invest it in this rock bottom real estate market."
YaYa most def. have heard this. I did a couple investments, one in a rental property in a decent neighborhood. 50-90k homes. Latest was a 1800 sq. ft. home in northern michigan for the winter fun. Love to snowmobile. But while the real estate is rock bottom the boating market isnt much better, and I would like to pick up a boat that I will have for awhile and will not want to upgrade after a yr or so, while the the market is what it is. In a couple years I will not have this luxury. I do know a lot of people that have invested almost everything in real estate and I know they will be giving me hell here when everything turns around.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaboatnut
Well I'll be honest I'm 24 living at home still, no steady GF, no kids. Own a succesful lawn & landscape/snow removal/fert app business, Got to get the toys while I still can.
Probably not going to get a steady GF while you're still living at home either

Originally Posted by greazyg
Well then I am sure you have heard this before then. "Take that $100k and invest it in this rock bottom real estate market."
I was thinking the same thing. Buy a house, then worry about a bigger boat.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered

Can move into the rental property anytime, Valued at 84k not prestige by no means but not ghetto either. But I want just another year to save some $ while I have no bills.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had a 24 year old living at home who owned his own business & was somewhat successful his a$$ would be paying rent & utilities!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 217 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
If I had a 24 year old living at home who owned his own business & was somewhat successful his a$$ would be paying rent & utilities!

You always put things so eloquently
Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

lol. I am fortunate and suprised they dont. I help them out and provide commercial lawn care, fert/pesticide control, snow removal, crew mulches twice a year. put in a retaining wall with the built in patio fireplace, additonal landscaping. Whatever I can do. They told me from day 1 when you move out don't ever plan to return, so be sure.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Must be nice, I was told at the end of high school, pay or out.

Can't understand it, I was such a good kid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well except when I lost my dad's car that time,,,,,
Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a real estate broker and I don't know that I would want to invest large amounts of money in the real estate market right now. Most experts predict that my area will be down another 6-10% this year. I personally don't see MI or OH coming back any time soon.

Get a boat and enjoy yourself!

(on a side note... I was 24 not long ago and I know what my priorities were... And it would be in your best interest to get at least a cheap house by winter time!... Even if your parents are cool and allow overnight guests, you're getting to the age where girls get weird about going to Mom's... the "cool factor" of having parents that allow that stuff wears off... If you do major landscape work you can make a lot of money buying homes prettying them up with your machinery, and selling them.)
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Registered

how about a powerquest (not tryin to sell mine). But my 38 crushes some pretty serious waves, is stepped, and runs great with a big cabin. my .02
Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
HAHAHA! You can still squeeze into the canopy of that MTI, you're doing ok
I fit all right, thank god!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtpMr3U8fs[/YOUTUBE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.