Like Tree0Likes

Big news from out west...San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

My Boats: 2003 60' SeaRay, 2014 30' Concept CC
Default Unlimiteds at Bayfair

Hi Ray,
Brett Seber and our H1 Unlimited Chairman Sam Cole are working together to get us there. If not a full blown unlimited race, the top 6 teams for a full demo.

Steve David
U-1
Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1980 scarab S-type

This is very cool...unlimited hydros back at bayfair and a poker run!! very cool.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Lots of Powerful Boats and Excited Spectators make for Greatness!!

SteveDavid:

So glad to hear some of you unlimited guys and your great boats may be back at BayFair 2010. This is such a great venue and event when its fully staffed with great boats!
Let's hope with the help and support of all involved we can all help to bring this event back to its previous greatness!!
Bigger is Better!

Can't wait for September!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

The San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run is shaping up to be an EPIC event....More info just in:

As some of you’ve heard, Lake Racer LLC and Teague Custom Marine, the same combo that brings you the Desert Storm Poker Run, have been invited to be part of one of the biggest boat-racing events around. With a 44-year history, the San Diego Bay Fair looks forward to adding another great format to their already extremely successful weekend; The 2010 Bay Fair Storm Poker Run. With tons of action including Unlimited Hydros, Hydro lights, Offshore Racing, Grand National Racing and cracker box boat racing, a poker run is a natural fit.

As part of the poker run course, we’ll participate in the opening ceremonies of Saturday and Sunday’s events, where the great poker run teams will participate and run some parade laps in front of some 300,000 people that attend annually!

Starting off the event on Thursday, we have an arrival gathering and boat show, showing off our super hardware. Friday morning, poker runners will launch at near by marinas and get situated at the host Hotel, the Paradise Point Resort and Spa, right on Vacation Island.
Paradise Point Resort has graciously offered discount packages that run from $169.00 a night for rooms close to the water and $375.00 a night right on the water next to the beautiful cove beach. There you will be able to park your boat only steps from your room! (Check it out, www.Paradisepoint.com for more info.)

Friday afternoon, we’re planning a fun run into San Diego Harbor, touring some of the great site and historic spots, such as the awesome spectacle that is some of the U.S. Navy fleet, including the U.S.S. Ronald Regan aircraft carrier that calls San Diego Harbor home. With a stop for drinks (for passengers only), snacks and fun at the famed Coronado Yacht Club, the day’s events are sure to be memorable!

Saturday after the parade lap in Mission Bay (right on the Unlimited Hydro Race Course) participants will take off for a little 30 mile offshore jaunt to Oceanside Harbor! We arrive just in time for their Harbor day celebration! Plans are in the works for a fun party on the beach, just behind the Harbor docks, where we’ll tie up for a few hours, listen to music, have some refreshments and swap stories.

Then it’s back to Mission Bay to catch the super racing action and later that evening an under the stars party with fireworks over Mission Bay!

Sunday, we’ll again participate in the opening ceremonies and then raft up and watch another cool day of racing before getting back on the trailers and off to home ports.

Please put Sept 16th thru 19th on your calendars for this must-not-miss event in beautiful San Diego; the first annual San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SCOPE was able to change their poker run dates to AUG 27-28

Better for all participants, sponsors and spectators....

Looking forward to supporting and particpating at both events

See you there!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Formula 382

It is really shaping up to be a great year for west coast boating!

Fortunetly SCOPE was able to get there run moved back to Aug 28st....So we can all have a chance to make both of these great events.

Most of the SCOPE guys are very excited about the Bay Fair Poker Run...and we are planning to be there in force!
It sounds like a great week end on and offshore!

Also completely stoked about once again experiencing 100+ of the nicest offshore rides in the west all firing off at the same time (Aug 28) in Long Beach's awesome Rainbow Harbor...WOW!!

Keep us posted Tank

KL

Last edited by CAFormula1; 03-16-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFormula1 View Post
It is really shaping up to be a great year for west coast boating!

Fortunetly SCOPE was able to get there run moved back to Aug 21st....So we can all have a chance to make both of these great events.

Most of the SCOPE guys are very excited about the Bay Fair Poker Run...and we are planning to be there in force!
It sounds like a great week end on and offshore!

Also completely stoked about once again experiencing 100+ of the nicest offshore rides in the west all firing off at the same time (Aug 21) in Long Beach's awesome Rainbow Harbor...WOW!!

Keep us posted Tank

KL
Hey Kevin, couldn't agree more. 2010 is going to be an AWESOME year. As I just posted on my blog (www.powerboatmag.com), I'm looking forward to putting (to be blunt) a sh!tty year behind us and moving forward into the upcoming year. And with so many venues to attend, it most certainly is going to be an awesome year to get back on the water in force!

Desert Storm, Big Cat, SCOPE, and San Diego are all going to be great events.

I (as well as many others) are extremely elated that SCOPE chose to push back the dates for the SCOPE poker run. And from what I understand theres some new types of events going to be added Possibly (raft up??).

Can't wait.

See you soon,

Tank