Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Big news from out west...San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!! >

Big news from out west...San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!!

Notices

Big news from out west...San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts
Default Big news from out west...San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!!

Lake Racer LLC is in the works of putting together what is sure to be one of the biggest and best poker runs in the nation. With years of experience putting on what is arguably the best poker run in the nation (Desert Storm in Lake Havasu, Arizona), Jim and crew are feverishly working on the first annual Bay Fair Storm Poker Run.

With the overwhelming success, continued growth and national recognition (even in the current economic climate), the Desert Storm Poker Run has never wavered or faltered. It is that commitment to success and enthusiasm that brings you Bay Fair Storm 2010.

Bay Fair has a long tradition of drawing high performance boat racing fans to the Beautiful Mission Bay, located in San Diego, Ca. With competition brought to fans by the Super Stock Racing Series, American Boat Racing Assoc., National Powerboat Assoc., Unlimited Light Hydroplane Assoc., Super Boat International and Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Assoc, it is sure to be a full weekend of high-powered, high excitement racing.

Mission bay in Beautiful San Diego, sets the perfect location for racing and even better location for poker running! With Mission Bay just north of San Diego Bay, the area is a prime location for a poker run.

Itinerary is set as follows:

Thursday Sept. 16th, arrival and boat show.
Friday Sept. 17th, lunch and fun run.
Saturday Sept. 18th, parade lap in Mission Bay prior to races then onto the first annual Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!
Sunday Sept. 19th, parade lap in Mission Bay

Host hotel will be Paradise Point Hotel on Vacation Island.

If you enjoy the format and events of Desert Storm Poker Run, you’re going to love the Bay Fair Storm Poker Run. Hope to see all of you there.

Many more details to follow. Look for more information at the 2010 Desert Storm Poker Run (April 22nd –25th) and at the L.A. Boat Show (Feb. 19th – 21st) and visit www.lakeracerllc.com.

http://sandiegobayfair.org/main.htm

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pmGABoExs&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by thisistank; 02-19-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered

A little more info....Bay Fair Storm will also be the same weekend as "Pirate Days" a fun filled festival held in the local harbor. Jim is also in the works of securing ESPN, who have shown a big interest in documenting the events and riding with poker run crews. Stay tuned for more info.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!

Sounds good Tank! Don't forget that the big bay (San Diego) is just south a few miles and there is a lot of protected water to run in that has no speed limit. Tank your post put a spark in my step. I hope you have a good turn out!!

Last edited by SDFever; 02-18-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
Sounds good Tank! Don't forget that the big bay (San Diego) is just south a few miles and there is a lot of protected water to run in that has no speed limit. Tank your post put a spark in my step. I hope you have a good turn out!!

San Diego bay will be a destination during the poker run and possibly the lunch run.

Not my event. Just spreading the word of what is shaping up to be an awesome poker run.

See you there brother!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Buddy -
Check your dates posted - something doesn't add up.
My September 2010 calendar does not line up with your posted dates - possibe to start on the 23rd of September?

SCOPES run is the 17 -19 of the same month.

Chris
Old 02-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Bay Fair (races) are September 17-19 2010.

I wonder if SCOPE will change their date? This will hurt expected attendance - to what degree??? Who knows!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be great if scope joined in and we consolidated into one run.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
It would be great if scope joined in and we consolidated into one run.
Hell yeah lets do a run in Long Beach then down to San Diego.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Bay Fair (races) are September 17-19 2010.

I wonder if SCOPE will change their date? This will hurt expected attendance - to what degree??? Who knows!
I fixed the dates. It is definately the same weekend.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Plan for Success? or destined to Yawn!

Hey Tank:

If Bayfair wants to be even bigger this year for the offshore boats and such it should include a Shootout Kilo run or something along those lines! Just a thought.

POPRA and boys put some limited races in the last two years but the tries were pretty anemic!

Does anyone know yet if the Unlimiteds and Unlimited Lights will be there this year?

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.