Notices

Throttle Set Up

Old 04-18-2002, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Throttle Set Up

I have moved the throttles in my 82 Formula 302 from up on the dash to a box I have constructed and mounted on the gunnal down beside the steering wheel. I also replaced the old setup with Gaffrig controls. My question is this . How do most of you arrange your controls? Currently thery set are set up shifter- throttle- throttle-shifter. Is there a more effeicent arrangement Such as throttle-throttle-shifter-shifter etc.All opinions are welcome. The old set up was a combined throttleshifter lever for each engine.Thanks Rick G.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a a twin Gaffrig set-up and it is shifter-both throttles-shifter. I like it that way, but it is easy to change the order.
Install it without the cables and sit at the helm for a while and see how you like.

mike
Old 04-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick,

I think it is a matter of preference. My previous boat was set up shift-throttle-throttle-shift. I haf seen throttle-throttle-shift-shift...but as I said, it is what ever makes you comfortable.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Thanks guys,I think I will go with the current set up see how that pans out. I appreciate the input . Rick G.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:18 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick G. Please send me a picture of what you did. I am currently looking at doing some work in my boat to fix the same problem.

Jon
Old 04-18-2002, 12:28 PM
ssherman

Rick G when i have all controls in one pod i prefer what you have now shifter throttle throttle shifter i feel it makes docking easier. I currently run shifters in left arm rest and throttles in right my cockpit is a six pack see the thread input on my new dash.

Old 04-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Registered

Jon I am quite pleased with result I will take pictures this weekend and try to get someone to help me post them . I have a digital camera but have yet to figure out how to post the dam pictures. I made the box out of 1/8 doorskin plywood and then fibergalssed both inside and out with stiched rovenand matt then finished the outside with gel to protect from UV as bare fiberglass will breakdown over time then painted finished product. It was not hard at all . One trick is form your basic structure with the doorskin and a hot glue gun once you are happy with the structure then glass the hell out it . Finished product is about 1/2 inch thick and super strong. Rick G.

P.S. the structure is a bolt on application so I can return to stock setup if I chose.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a throttle/shifter control from a 1990 Apache, I am missing the ball connector in the throttle that go in the holes pictured here. The cable threads into the missing pc. Anybody have know where I can I the missing parts I need to connect the Cable to the Throttle/Shifter control??????
Attached Thumbnails Throttle Set Up-img_1369.jpg   Throttle Set Up-img_1370.jpg