Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is there a market for this product? Especially Poker Runners! >

Is there a market for this product? Especially Poker Runners!

Notices

Is there a market for this product? Especially Poker Runners!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Great concept, but nothing new. I will vouch for this kind of cover though because I have been using something like this for nearly 20 years now. There is a local company here called Canvas Experts that has been doing them forever. These covers don't move at all while trailering and the boat is spotless when you get where you are going, no matter what kind of weather you travel through. I love them. We had them made for all of the race boats and they worked perfectly even with the amount of traveling that we did with them. The race boats are long gone, but I am still using them on my pleasure boats. I have one on the current Cigarette and everything else right down to the skiff we use for duck hunting. Here are a few covers that Canvas Experts made for me over the years.

1996 28' Pantera
2000 38' Top Gun
2003 36' Canopied Gladiator
2005 39' Top Gun Side
2005 39' Top Gun Deck
What do they charge for those in, say, the 28' size?
Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I would buy one for sure. I don't use my boat sometimes because I don't want to get it nasty trailering through weather. I think another probably even bigger market is with ski/wakeboard boat market. I competitively ski and my boat makes the trip through rain, sleet, snow. But I keep it perfect. I can wash inside my garage after towing through the rain but it takes a lot of valuable time.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a custom traveling cover made for my bay boat here by a tarp company. everywhere the cover touches the boat hull, leaning post or outboard they sowed a felt liner in. they even put in a velcro flap for fueling...very good neat clean fit!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

didn't the 36 skater Noreaster have a cover similar to this? always wondered who made it... looked nice.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by CAFE
didn't the 36 skater Noreaster have a cover similar to this? always wondered who made it... looked nice.
Yes, matches the boats paint job as well. It is felt inside as well.