Buyers beware .....Same old story ! >

Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Notices

Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Old 04-19-2002, 12:09 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My Jaw is on the floor after reading that name!!!! You sure you were dealing with him? Or was it maybe one of his lackies taking credit for being him? If it was him this could really cost him much more then the financial end of things. I hope there was just some SERIOUS missunderstanding and I hope your buddy gets satisfied by this whole mess.

Jon
Old 04-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Intolerant1

I would have held off on the name and sent him an email with a link to the thread. Then just ask him if his reputation with thousands of boaters is worth making this situation right. Thats why I figured you were holding back on the name at first. Good luck and keep your cool. You may be able to resolve this.

Old 04-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is WOW. I was very surprised to hear that name with that problem?
Old 04-19-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

Default ARE you sure you didn't call......

SUNNY CROCKETT marine.... Sounds like Don Johnson walked on out to that old SCAB and pulled the parts right off...

Just kidding,, obviously,,, but 11 grand is nothing to kid about... hope it gets straightened out...
Old 04-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member

i can't believe tyler crocket would let something like this go with out taking care of the problem before it gets out of hand!! he has too much at stake with his reputation o the line.tyler lets here your side of this please????????
Old 04-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I read this post and I cannot believe it. I hope it is a stupid mistake or big misunderstanding. This is not like the Tyler I delt with last fall. I spent a lot of money with him and he did great work.

To me he is an engine builder first and formost and he really knows his stuff. He is not set up to be a parts wholesailer or a major rigger. This is only my opinion though. The only real complaint I had with him is that the work he did was much slower than anticipated. But his work was focused on quality not speedyness. I had him basically re-rig my boat and at the time he lost a worker or two and had to do the work himself. This added to the extra time needed.

I am expecting to do more work with him soon I hope all works out for both parties.
Old 04-20-2002, 07:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

boot, sorry to hear this kind of chit.
I would have had them deliver the parts COD,this way if you didn't like them just tell the UPS guy to keep them.
Old 04-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You saying there is $1500 charge for shipping alone??????

Something doesn't sound right here. 3 increases of $500 each for shipping alone. After the 1st $500 increase, think I would have said to cancel.
Old 04-20-2002, 08:11 PM
Tyler

First of all this person that is bad mouthing me (I"m Tyler Crockett) does not own the boat that these parts went on nor was he privy to the conversation I had with the guy who purchased these parts. This is what really went down.......
Boot emailed me and asked me about blowers and I told him I knew where there were some 250 blowers with approx. 3 hrs on them. Then he contacted the guy that actually bought the parts and from then on I dealt directly with him not this boot guy. Then after talking with the guy who actually bought the parts, he wanted to purchase 2 fuel pumps, water cross overs, & Eddie Marine Exhaust. At that time he said he would over night a check for the cost of the parts and I had estimated the shipping charges which he was aware of at the time at 150.00 which would of been had the stuff been shipped UPS ground. At that time I never told him I was going to send the parts the next day. We normally wait till we recieve the check and it gets deposited and we know we are dealing with a good check (because I am still trying to recover from a bogus certified bank check that the UPS driver in New York accepted for $13000.00 it was counterfeit). So with everyone I deal with I have to be very careful. At the time he agreed to purchased the parts and sent me the check he didn't inform that he was planning on boating in the next couple of days. Then he called me on tues. 4/16 & had not received the blowers yet, I told him that I was still packaging all the parts for safe shipping & at that time I told him there were no flame arrestors with these blower packages. I told him that I would send a couple of my flame arrestors that he could put on his boat and run it until he had the flame arrestors he needed and ordered. When I went into my parts room all I had in stock that I could send him that day were 1 - 2" Gaffrig flame arrestor and 1- 3" Gaffrig flame arrestor. I knew at that time they were 2 different flame arrestors but if he was that adament about having all these parts shipped next day air freight collect so he could be boating that weekend and be Coast Guard legal. This complete blower package was origianlly purchased from Dean Nickerson and bought for a marine engine by another individual, I just knew of the blowers and relayed the message to this person who owned them and wanted to sell them. I inspected the blowers which had zero hours on them and were complete with all bolts, hardware & O rings because I personally packaged the units. I called the customer that bought all these parts and gave him the price of what it was going to cost to ship these parts next day air because I did not know until I had them packaged and weighed what it would cost exactly as I never talked about next day air charges when originally purchased. I told him the cost up front before everything was shipped it would be $536.00, at that time he told me he had to have them and ship them out. He had them the very next day! Until today I still have not heard from him if he was that unhappy why didn't he personally call me? He knew all costs before everything was shipped out it was explained what he was getting, the cost of shipping everything and the flame arresters were just loaners. I will gladly send him a check for a $150.00 which was the original estimated shipping costs that was included in the orginal check when he sends my loaner flame arrestors back. I was not aware of any of this till someone emailed me and told me to check out this site today! In Ruby what we do when we have a problem with somebody we call them direct we don't bad mouth them on websites!

Old 04-20-2002, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

as always......................two sides to every story!

Quick Reply: Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.