Like Tree0Likes

What's the market for a 51' OL?

Reply
Old 03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
  #51
Geronimo36
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
This boat is worth alot more than high 200's. The Bravos can last as proven on this boat if driven and maintained correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanafort View Post
High 200's is an insult
Thanks.

As stated previously this boat has done very well with Bravo's and his previous 51' with Bravo's which was considerably heavier did just as well.....

As they say; Everything is worth what the market will bear. So if that's the case let's start seeing some offers and cash on the table which might turn some heads and open some eyes. Boat must go.
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 AM
  #52
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xconn92 View Post
Here is my friend's 51' OL. Some of you have probably seen it on your way to or from Key West on Summerland Key. Not sure why the price has not been updated, no offense to the listing broker.

http://www.yachtsourceonline.com/bro...005-l4842.html
Outstanding paint job. I wonder why he didn't put grab handles on the rear bolsters though...
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:09 AM
  #53
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
bmanafort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old Saybrook, CT
My Boats: 2004 TS Top Gun
Posts: 594
Default

Craig,
I invested in way to much Cigarette gear to make a brand change now.

Bill
bmanafort is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 AM
  #54
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
seafordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seaford, VA
My Boats: Cigarette - Cafe Racer
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanafort View Post
Craig,
I invested in way to much Cigarette gear to make a brand change now.

Bill
HAHAHA....
seafordguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
  #55
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
ApachePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sarasota,FL & Saugatuck, MI
Posts: 1,044
Default

High 200's is wishful thinking.
ApachePete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:25 PM
  #56
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
xconn92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Farmington, CT
My Boats: Back seat of Gold Rush & 2012 Formula 350SS
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanafort View Post
Craig,
I invested in way to much Cigarette gear to make a brand change now.

Bill
Good one! I keep loading up on Nor-Tech gear in the hopes that the boat will just follow. Terry, are you listening?? Time to plaster my car with decals like a full blown NASCAR advertisement.
xconn92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
  #57
Geronimo36
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApachePete View Post
High 200's is wishful thinking.
Yeah..........................for the buyer....




And some of those olde 80's Apache race boats are listed over $200k...
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:15 PM
  #58
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

Who knows what a boat is worth now, back in 06 I was working with a dealer that just became a Nortech dealer in the mid west a few months ago, they had a boat listed @ 140k and I had a 98 50V Nortech that needed nothing and was worth 200-250k retail. I was told give them 60k and my boat. They said there was no market for a NT where they were. After that I look at a price of a boat at a dealer and cut it in 1/2 And start there. I wouldn't buy a boat off that dealer for any amount of money. You wanna know what a boat is worth call a few dealers and see what you would get on trade if they would even want it and get your numbers from that. In 2-3 months the 2011 boats are on the market, there are a few new 08 51 OL's out there an 05 with any power is around a 300k boat if you ask me.
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:48 PM
  #59
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
Who knows what a boat is worth now, back in 06 I was working with a dealer that just became a Nortech dealer in the mid west a few months ago, they had a boat listed @ 140k and I had a 98 50V Nortech that needed nothing and was worth 200-250k retail. I was told give them 60k and my boat. They said there was no market for a NT where they were. After that I look at a price of a boat at a dealer and cut it in 1/2 And start there. I wouldn't buy a boat off that dealer for any amount of money. You wanna know what a boat is worth call a few dealers and see what you would get on trade if they would even want it and get your numbers from that. In 2-3 months the 2011 boats are on the market, there are a few new 08 51 OL's out there an 05 with any power is around a 300k boat if you ask me.
300k is about right in this market, yes it's worth more in a good market, but a 51' with bravos is just a very tough sell, thats just the fact's, I agree call some dealers
kvschoolboard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:36 PM
  #60
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvschoolboard View Post
300k is about right in this market, yes it's worth more in a good market, but a 51' with bravos is just a very tough sell, thats just the fact's, I agree call some dealers
Even in this market its still an insult.
OL40SVX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.