What's the market for a 51' OL?

Notices

What's the market for a 51' OL?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I can agree with that, however no offer has been made.

Comparatively speaking I just came across an ad for a used Nortech 50V, $429k.
Frank,

That is a very nice looking OL your friend has, hope he gets as much as he can for such a beautiful boat. I am all about the negotiation, my motto is, "you'll never know unless you ask."
Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I can agree with that, however no offer has been made.

Comparatively speaking I just came across an ad for a used Nortech 50V, $429k.
I know this is your friend..and I can apprieciate what your trying to do for the guy...but lets compare apples to apples..The NorTech you question is 2 years newer..07 and has trip 850's and #6's...not bravos...along with a few options like pressurized trailer and so on...and all less than what your buddy is asking for retail...I love OL boats..but the NT boat is the better value.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff is that the one that Team Marine in NJ has listed in the classifieds? Awesome boat beautiful paint and worth every penny IMO.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After having #5's on my Nortech it's hard to go to a Bravo but I have 2500+ hours in a boat and the only drives I have ever blown are Blackhawks and they are junk, I dont care what anyone says. 2 Alpha boats 3 Bravo 1 Blackhawk and 1 #5 and the only drives blown 15-20 Blackhawks at the tune of 25k+. The thing that kills drives are in and out of the water and a 51 OL is going to spend a lot of time in the water unless you are in real big water, plus a 51 OL is about the same # as 42 Sonic witch I had for 175 hours total and in huge water out in the ocean for about 30 hours and never had a drive problem. So the Bravos are not what would keep me from this boat as much as the colors. That is the biggest problem on the custom boats is the way people build them, maybe Jassman will let us know but I bet his last 43 the blue and white one I think it was his best and I bet he lost the least on it, blue and white that everybody likes mid power motors bullet proff drives. Look at that Skull paint 47 OL it's been for sale 8 years. Build it a little more main stream and you might not own it forever or take a huge hit on it.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Registered

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by Watching; 03-09-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I know this is your friend..and I can apprieciate what your trying to do for the guy...but lets compare apples to apples..The NorTech you question is 2 years newer..07 and has trip 850's and #6's...not bravos...along with a few options like pressurized trailer and so on...and all less than what your buddy is asking for retail...I love OL boats..but the NT boat is the better value.
You're correct, it's not apples to apples. I love NT's but in reality they're not compariable in price or in type of boat. However, they both have their place in the market and I don't think either company should change that.

I've been to the NT factory, I was impressed... They're built solid and heavier than most... They are a boat I'd want to buy due to my taste for Apaches...

However, I believe OL's are more technologically advanced and will run 100 mph with stock power... For instance, this guys previous 51', glass boat, with 575's ran low 80's... It was repowered with some Gellner 625's and it now runs 90 mph. This particular 51' with a different bottom and Epoxy run's near 100 mph with 600's... When he told me the speeds the boat does I did not believe him and just assumed he was full of it... The first time out on the ocean I learned he was correct......

PS, just saw an 09' 43' NT with 650's on Bravo's.. I think it was listed for $600K.

Last edited by Panther; 03-09-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

You're correct, it's not apples to apples. I love NT's but in reality they're not compariable in price or in type of boat. However, they both have their place in the market and I don't think either company should change that.

I've been to the NT factory, I was impressed... They're built solid and heavier than most... They are a boat I'd want to buy due to my taste for Apaches...

However, I believe OL's are more technologically advanced and will run 100 mph with stock power... For instance, this guys previous 51', glass boat, with 575's ran low 80's... It was repowered with some Gellner 625's and it now runs 90 mph. This particular 51' with a different bottom and Epoxy run's near 100 mph with 600's... When he told me the speeds the boat does I did not believe him and just assumed he was full of it... The first time out on the ocean I learned he was correct......

PS, just saw an 09' 43' NT with 650's on Bravo's.. I think it was listed for $600K.
As to the OL being more tech. advanced..the only area Mike spends more time and money is on his bottoms and laminate schedules..and for obvious reasons..racing....Where he doesn't do as good of a job is in the finish of the cockpit area's..the materials looked ragged out on many boats after 1-2 years. If buyers feel their boats are the best and are willing to pay 300+k more for the same equipped boat that NT offeres cause its 10-12 mph faster..so be it..That's great...The penalty is the ride on those particular bottoms.especially on the long runs in bad water..There will always be plus and minus on all boats..Supposedely Mike's new grid system is way better, but I have not experienced that. I also like his new pricing, way more in line...Factory Direct.. Personally I prefer the Apache or NT heavy feel going through big sea's...Again I'm not hear trying to argue with you, and hope the market gets better for everyone selling a boat.

Curious.. what drives do you have on the Apache..Jeff
Old 03-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

BMax HT's, 830hp a side
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Today I don't think anybody should get insulted by an offer, especially when the sellers says "bring offers". If you list the price as "firm" and your getting calls with offers at 50%, then that would get a little old.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Frank

Here is a 2007 46 Outerlimits just listed. Real clean asking $399 with Number 6 and Mec 1075, What will they take $359-$379? The boat market is not good. My buddy justy sold a 50 Nortech triple number 6.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o33156-en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.