Notices

Time in Chicago

Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Where will you be staying? Downtown?

Rush St area is lively, and several good restaurants and watering holes.

Carmine's. Good italian/steakhouse type atmosphere. Next door you have "Tavern on Rush", "whiskey bar", "Gibsons steak house" "Mccormick and Schmidt's seafood" and a few others in that area. Division St. bars are walking distance, mostly younger crowd/late night places.

Theres lots of good places to eat/drink, but it really depends on where you are staying. Theres some great restaurants in whats left of the old italian neighborhoods. Taylor street area, oakley st., grand ave, etc.

There is a place I and some of my buddies frequent, about a 5-10 minute cab ride south of dowtown. Great Italian food, good bartenders. As a matter of fact, you may just happen to see me sitting at the bar tomorrow night! I'll PM you my cell number, feel free to call me if you have any questions/directions. Lived in the inner city my whole life.
and where might that be??? LOL
Old 03-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BZ
and where might that be??? LOL
A place for us guys who still use hair gel and wear addidas jogging suits to work!

I used to love downtown, nightclubs, restaurants, and bars. Now, i am content sitting with BZ in some pub god knows where! You had a little too much sun in south haven i think BZ!
Attached Thumbnails Time in Chicago-harborfestcolorado%2520012.jpg  
Old 03-13-2010, 03:02 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to luv the little pub's and I would be carefull you don't want to get into the Hot dog stories!!!!! LOL