Notices

Supercharged Ilmors

Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMangual
It is time for a rebuild. One of the motors let loose at the end of last year. So I would have to build one and freshen the other. I want more power and speed so I am investigating what is out there.

Jonathan
How many hours did you have on the motors.. Thanks Jeff
Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very curious to hear about your hours as well, and any other pertinent details

UD
Old 03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
How many hours did you have on the motors.. Thanks Jeff
It was right around 200 hours.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

THAT'S NOT GOOD NEW'S FOR ILMOR . I WOULD THINK SINCE THER N.A. MOTOR'S THEY SHOULD GET A LOT MORE THEN 200 HOUR'S BEFOR ETHEY LET LOOSE
Old 03-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered

Interesting....

Did you buy them used or new?

There is an hour meter on them, (there is on the 710) you should be able to tell exactly how many hours they have.

UD
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These motors were bought brand new and custom painted from Ilmor. They were awesome motors...sound, performance, and styling. They turned heads and hurt feelings!

I only used this boat for Poker Runs and a few times a year on my local lake. I am unaware of an hour meter for the motors, but I will check with Ian to see if he has got something in place on these to tell. I keep a log of boat use, oil changes, prop and gear testing, Poker Runs, etc... 200hrs. is pretty close if not dead on. Most of our boating is normally done on the family pontoon because of young children and all of the space we require.

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Interesting....

Did you buy them used or new?

There is an hour meter on them, (there is on the 710) you should be able to tell exactly how many hours they have.

UD
Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

These motors were bought brand new and custom painted from Ilmor. They were awesome motors...sound, performance, and styling. They turned heads and hurt feelings!

I only used this boat for Poker Runs and a few times a year on my local lake. I am unaware of an hour meter for the motors, but I will check with Ian to see if he has got something in place on these to tell. I keep a log of boat use, oil changes, prop and gear testing, Poker Runs, etc... 200hrs. is pretty close if not dead on. Most of our boating is normally done on the family pontoon because of young children and all of the space we require.

Thanks! good data.

So far you have the record for lowest hours Ive heard of before rebuild. Kind of Unfortunate but you seem to be pleased with them in any case.

UD
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

To my knowledege the ECU on Gen 3 engines does not record running hours. I believe the Gen 4 engine ECU's do.

Most boat manufacturers install an hour gage at the helm or in the bilge just so you can keep up w/ Scheduled maintenance.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Thanks! good data.

So far you have the record for lowest hours Ive heard of before rebuild. Kind of Unfortunate but you seem to be pleased with them in any case.

UD
I was expecting 350 to 400 hours..I'm disappointed to say the least...if what was mentioned accurate. What would be the draw to go to Ilmor vs Merc..
Old 03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
I was expecting 350 to 400 hours..I'm disappointed to say the least...if what was mentioned accurate. What would be the draw to go to Ilmor vs Merc..
I personally would not be pleased with 200 hours, but only Jon knows how they were driven. Ive never heard of one "letting go" but maybe jon had a prop leave the water under load- Jon?

If this were expected Ilmor would go broke honoring their 2 year warranty.

Ive heard of one other 710 having an issue that was replaced. (southocg's)

Jon-can you post a pict of your ride for us?
I havent seen you on the ilmor threads in this or other sites.

UD

PS: nice Pizza Jass.. its hard to make a great pizza.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.