Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Could proposed anti-fishing regulations affect powerboating? >

Could proposed anti-fishing regulations affect powerboating?

Notices

Could proposed anti-fishing regulations affect powerboating?

Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Could proposed anti-fishing regulations affect powerboating?

The Obama administration has recently ended the comment period on proposed regulations that would severely restrict or eliminate recreational fishing on America's coasts and inland lakes & waterways. Given the gaggle of environmental groups very loudly pushing for this, I find it no great stretch for them, and their enablers in the administration, to decide recreational boating, especially powerboating, has as little redeeming value and as much environmental impact as recreational fishing.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You thought it was just crazy in the USA. This is taken from a local newspaper, the MD. Independent,

Laws gone crazy

In Switzerland today, it is illegal to practice catch and release fishing. The reason being it's too cruel.

Last month, Europe's only pet lawyer took an angler to court representing a dead pike. It seems the fisherman took over 10 minutes to land his prize, and that constituted torture says the dearly departed pike's legal mouthpiece.

Over there in that land of yodeling, discrete bankers, fine chocolates and those versatile army knives, it's also against the law to tie a horse in a stall, put one parakeet in a cage or a single pig in a pen for that's considered solitary confinement.

In 2013, another law kicks in wherein all dog owners all have to take a training course.

Swiss dog breeders are for the new laws, but the farming community say it's a bit over the top and unnecessary.

Lordy, I'm just glad I don't live over there.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
In 2013, another law kicks in wherein all dog owners all have to take a training course.
A significant segment of the environmental Left wants to eliminate ownership of animals. Their primary strategy is to make it ever more expensive and onerous to own one, hence the massive explosion of rules, licenses, and fees. It wasn't this way 20 years ago. The secondary strategy is to redefine you from "owner" to mere "guardian". It's obvious to me that if you can't own an animal, it becomes a nuisance, and humans do what they always do with nuisance animals: kill them. Why animal activists apparently believe that death is preferable to being owned and loved is beyond my meager intelligence to comprehend.

Getting back to the subject of powerboats, I think the recent EPA engine regulations are only the opening salvo. It is obvious that activists who think that fish should have dominion over man would have no problem with a de facto or outright ban on powerboats. They are owned by, you know, those people. The unenlightened, the sufferers of false consciousness. If only they knew, they'd never take pleasure in activities that lead to our destruction. It is fortunate we have activists to offer us indulgences and the path to righteousness.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

As far as I know the EPA and CARB are borderline terrorists.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are a fisherman, you might look at joining the FRA. they have been putting together a good lobby against the fisheries management with their false reporting. I am a member as most of my fishing is done of the coast of Georgia.

www.thefra.org
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Gold Member

Default big brother

i guess the 2nd ammendment has gotten old and stale.lets leave them alone for awhile and pluck with the boaters.....big brother at his finest hour.