Notices

Anyone remember this show??

Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone remember this show??

Thunder In Paradise haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-8ebBdPBhA&NR=1

ran across this video on youtube. this was my favorite show when i was a kid. Horrible acting and all, but cool boats. I really like the look of the enclosed cabin Thunder they used in the show. I wonder what happend to all of the boats??
Old 03-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

Yeah I watched that show as a kid to, one of my favorites for all the boats. Anyone know what type of boat Thunder was? 38 Scarab?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Registered

Yes it was a 38 Scarab I had a buddy in Deland FL on the St. John's River that had this boat in white, it was a awesone ride had the Thunder down the side and everything!!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

Pretty sure it was a 43' Scarab. Check out the YouTube vid at 1:09 you can see the triple exhausts. I remember two of the cats that were featured, usually driven by the bad guys, were a 33' Obsession Vortex, and a 38' Mares.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

only part I never understood is that it is a 40 to 50 foot boat but they would go down in the cabin and it was 30 feet long, 15 feet wide and 10 feet tall. amazing how the boat would grow when you went in the cabin and shrink back to size when you went topside. ah, the majic of television I guess.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Registered

haha. thats hollywood.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered

I'm still waiting for them to make KnightBoat.......Hasselhoff was close on Baywatch.......but not quite there.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
only part I never understood is that it is a 40 to 50 foot boat but they would go down in the cabin and it was 30 feet long, 15 feet wide and 10 feet tall. amazing how the boat would grow when you went in the cabin and shrink back to size when you went topside. ah, the majic of television I guess.
Like an RV there are "slideouts" in the cabin...they extend out 5' on each side, 3' down (below the hull) and 6' above the deck...rough water ride deteriorates, but there is room down below then...you basically have to stop the boat...but that explains why Jan Michael Vincent is not bouncing all over the place.

Yes...that is a 43' Scarab Thunder. I watched the show from time to time, but it screamed cheese factor...very evident in that video with the cheesy hand signals, thumbs up and who was Jan Michael Vincent giving the "hang loose" sign to when Hogan was driving and not even looking at him?? Great post though!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzXlw9vNSUA

Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by damdonzi
hahahaha. ive never seen that show before. looks like a goofy Miami Vice. those guys are nuts for jumping and landing on the sun pad while the boat is underpower!

hey, did anyone ever notice that in Thunder in Paradise, they are never in rough water? i mean, its always either glass or a very light chop, you never see the boat in rough water, only for a second in the opening credits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.