Inexpesive(Cheap) seats ?? >

Inexpesive(Cheap) seats ??

Notices

Inexpesive(Cheap) seats ??

Old 03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inexpesive(Cheap) seats ??

Since I am re doing my transom, and probably re configuring the cockpit, I am considering changing the seating in the Pantera. Custom seating is out of the question due to $$$. I have been considering adding 4 or 5 race style seats, either 2 in front, and 3 in the back or 2 and 2. I know the race guys like Sparco, but they are pricey, what do you guys think of these, made by the same company as Scat Cranks. I can get them for $119 each plus shipping.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_ProSports.asp
Old 03-11-2010, 07:43 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Rick, i'd say they are fine for the front, but i'm not a fan of these for the back, especially in such a low freeboard boat.
Why not a simple bench seat.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I know that this my be more then you are looking to spend, but I saw these this morning. You could always make an offer. I think the boat would look better with bolsters, vs race seats, but that may just be me. Good luck.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=815
Old 03-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cigrocket
I know that this my be more then you are looking to spend, but I saw these this morning. You could always make an offer. I think the boat would look better with bolsters, vs race seats, but that may just be me. Good luck.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=815

Thanks,

the boat has a 3-man sitdown right now. The seat was originally a standup, and was just too high when installed into the boat, so I built seat bottoms, and a frame to mount it as a sitdown, looking to keep it a sitdown. the 3-man takes up the full width of the cockpit, which means you need to climb over it to get to the back, and there is really no backseat right now, just an upholsterd area for coolers etc. due to setting the front seat back for my tall lanky azz. I now have the boat torn to pieces replacing the transom, and have the deck removed, so I am considering extending the cockpit by moving the back seat bulkhead back a bit allowing for a full back seat, but would like to have easy access to that area, hence the front buckets. my thought with adding buckets to the back stems from it would be an easy and quick way to have all upholstery match, but after thinking about it a bit, I may either just keep the 3-man, and add aback bench, or use the $$ from buying 5 buckets to buy 2 better front sitdowns, and build a matching back bench. There is also one more possibility, I could move the 3-man sitdown to the back, and get some matching front buckets??
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took out the front bolsters on a Carrera flatdeck very similiar to your boat. They need the vinyl redone and one piece of wood replaced on the side pieces.
I am in Texas but my cousin drives his rig out here at leats once a month so you would just need to drive to Naples to pick it up.
I am gonna put them up for sale but thought I would let you get first dibs. Currently white with blue piping
http://damncarrera.com/oldbolsters.jpg

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 03-16-2010 at 09:48 AM.