Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions

Notices

Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions

Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions

I am seriously thinking of getting a center console, because I hear they are easier to maintain and easier on gas. But I wonder if what I want exists.
Here is what I would like:

Looking for 32 - 36 foot
Not looking to fish from it at all!
twin engines
needs to run 70 - 75
Want it to look more like a go fast boat - graphics, bolsters, Livorsi gauges as well as smart craft
Needs to have a vacuflush or similar - no porta chitter
Needs to have a good solid ride.
Don't want to spend alot on it - 100K (ish)
New or lightly used

Love the looks of Concept - heard good/bad things about them - would love to learn more
Drove a 32 Donzi ZF w/ 300 verados - rode nice, but was set up more as a fish boat, and would only hit 65.
Looked at 32 Sonic, nice set up, but I think it was over priced
Looked at Glasstream, seemed cheap

Need to check out Fountain them out.
Spectre wasn't at Miami show - need to check

Deep Impact, Midnight Express, Cigarette, Nortech - more than I want to spend.

What should I look for? Are my expectations too high?
Those of you that have CC; do you like them? How do they handle snotty (confused) water?

Looking for detailed advice and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Superboat has a 30 CC they just came out with, so a little smaller then you are looking for, not sure you could get a vacuflsuhin there, but John Coen could probably figure something out, might be worth at least taking a look at
Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Registered

I have been looking a bunch too, if you could go a little bigger with tripps and 68-70 mph look at the Performance 40 there are a few 2 stroke ones out there for 100k or less.

My buddy has a 36 Avanti with twin 300 Verados and loves it, his dad has had 3 36 Concepts and he says his is faster with alot better ride and more room. I didn't ask him the speed but it must be upper 60's low 70's if it's faster than a Concept with same power. You can find them under 100 all day long. They make a 33 also.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:39 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

What you want does NOT exist......you are like me (but apparently a little worse) about maintenence and cosmetics. Anything you buy will have to be shinnier than anyone else's, cleaner than anyone else's and close to faster than anyone else's......regardless of the type of boat, it will require alot of "upkeep"!!!!

As you kow I'm looking for a little CC for the rivers and so the kids can learn to drive around (18-21 ft). I need lots of seating (most little CC don't have it) and a porta potti. I may be forced to buy new but actually prefer a used boat with a few cosmetic issues already so I don't freak over them scratching anything!!

Good Luck, I'm actually getting tired of the search already!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love my fountain runs 70 ish but you will need 3 motors to get you there. Bought mine last year and paid half the price of a new one with 150 hrs and 3 years left on warrenty.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
What you want does NOT exist......you are like me (but apparently a little worse) about maintenence and cosmetics. Anything you buy will have to be shinnier than anyone else's, cleaner than anyone else's and close to faster than anyone else's......regardless of the type of boat, it will require alot of "upkeep"!!!!

As you kow I'm looking for a little CC for the rivers and so the kids can learn to drive around (18-21 ft). I need lots of seating (most little CC don't have it) and a porta potti. I may be forced to buy new but actually prefer a used boat with a few cosmetic issues already so I don't freak over them scratching anything!!

Good Luck, I'm actually getting tired of the search already!

Take a look at Proline if its for the kids. You can seat 6 and the head is under the console. Nice freeboard and good ride in rough(atleast my 21 is).
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy is selling this Concept 36 .... has triples .... but I think meets the rest of your criteria ?
Attached Thumbnails Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions-concept7.jpg   Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions-concept8.jpg  
Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Got a 2008 36' Concept with triple 300 verados. Will sell at a good price. Call me 616-318-2066

CJ
Old 03-15-2010, 12:37 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions-jons-36-concept-002.jpg   Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions-jons-36-concept-010.jpg   Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions-jons-36-concept-008.jpg  

Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions-jons-36-concept-012.jpg   Researching Center Consoles - need suggestions-jons-36-concept-004.jpg  
Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Check out Joker powerboats.. You can get into a twin motored 28' for under a 100k with trailer. If you have any questions on which options, give me a call. Take Care Jeff Jassby 228-216-0900

http://www.jokerperformanceboats.com/models.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.