Notices

Lake George

Old 03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cocktails
You are correct, I was in Bolton. I only ended up there because after 3 Months of phone calls atleast 50 of them,That was my only option. I mean I could not find a single place to launch without a hassle and I have not even begun to talk about the lack of or Zero transient slips. It was just the biggest hassle I have ever had going boating. I have boated in all of the great lakes and from Ny to Fl. I have been in the Bahamas and keys all on my own boat. I have always respected boaters. In general we are some of the best people in the world especially when it comes to helping each other. The Lake George attitude was something I have never seen in the boating community anywhere in this country and beyond.
You ever make it back up this way, let one of the lg guys know. I can assure you someone will give you tips on where to go.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Carguy08
You ever make it back up this way, let one of the lg guys know. I can assure you someone will give you tips on where to go.
I can Honestly say I will never go back to That Lake. It may be a pretty lake but there are alot of great watering holes where the people are great. Keep in mind I told you a small portion of the story. It was alot worse than I have time to tell. When you say LG guys not sure who you are talking about but I called every single Marina / Yacht club listed on the lake and got know where. The answer was always the same. We can't help you. Good luck with the future. Paddle boat sales have to going up at the lake.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
I may have a retest candidate for you..
Bring it on by bud were happy to do it
Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Driver-441
Racer

I can Honestly say I will never go back to That Lake. It may be a pretty lake but there are alot of great watering holes where the people are great. Keep in mind I told you a small portion of the story. It was alot worse than I have time to tell. When you say LG guys not sure who you are talking about but I called every single Marina / Yacht club listed on the lake and got know where. The answer was always the same. We can't help you. Good luck with the future. Paddle boat sales have to going up at the lake.
Pretty strong words from a guy whos been here once, going against the people who live here or have been coming for 30 years and love it. Maybe, If none of us have issues like you did, and some have bigger/faster boats...maybe it could be you? But who knows..
Old 03-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by Carguy08
Old 03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Pretty strong words from a guy whos been here once, going against the people who live here or have been coming for 30 years and love it. Maybe, If none of us have issues like you did, and some have bigger/faster boats...maybe it could be you? But who knows..
Very Strong words you bet. You are from Lake George correct! You are Performance Marine correct!. Ok you set the record straight. Where do people launch 35'-45' foot boats on the east side of the lake. With Parking for Trucks&Trailers. Oh don't forget to include the name and Location of the Marina/Resort with Transient slip availability. Power would be nice. Maybe Bathrooms and showers not alot to ask for for a Lake that has 1.5 Mil. so called lots with a view.

You are Performance Marine. You must have a Launch and Transient slips yes???
Old 03-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

No drinking
Need mufflers
No ramps
Speed limit of 45 a little past plaining speed.
Sounds like a fun place to go NOT
What a shame
Old 03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

You are correct, I was in Bolton. I only ended up there because after 3 Months of phone calls atleast 50 of them,That was my only option. I mean I could not find a single place to launch without a hassle and I have not even begun to talk about the lack of or Zero transient slips. It was just the biggest hassle I have ever had going boating. I have boated in all of the great lakes and from Ny to Fl. I have been in the Bahamas and keys all on my own boat. I have always respected boaters. In general we are some of the best people in the world especially when it comes to helping each other. The Lake George attitude was something I have never seen in the boating community anywhere in this country and beyond.
I agree 100% with the lack of slips. The only way I ever got one was to stay where they had one. If you stay somewhere with out docks, you are pretty much screwed. The main problem with LG is the few people with Big $$$$$$ The majority doesn't rule there. The minutes for the LGPC are a joke. Even when you own million dollar land on the lake, see what its like to get permission to build a dock or change something.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered

Gee,
I live on Rockhurst point and there are 3 Marinas near me that can launch your boat......
Castaways
Fischers
Mooring Post

I have launched my 36OL in all of these at one time or another.
Hope that helps. As far as transient docks, thats another story but most waterfront Hotels have docking accomadations.
Like I said at the beginning of this thread, lots of laws but still the best lake I have ever been to. Thats why I bought a house there.
And yes, property is still going for 1 million + for a tear down.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Club Drew
Right now ?then why are those condos still sitting there after dropping the price!You can keep Lake Georgethe days of people paying 500k+ for a tic ridden hill billy hang out is long gone friend!
He said lots not condos, and $500K on LG is cheap. Only condos that are sitting are Sagamore. Houses aren't. Not to mention that the houses selling are for way more than $500K. more like 2-3 million.

Tic riden? Yea, we have tics. Its the Adirondack Park. Ya know, woods wild animals and no traffic. no smog, and taxes on a 3 million dollar house equal what you pay for a $200K house.

All that exhaust from the traffic sitting on the LIE kills anything.

Last edited by Zone 5; 03-22-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.