Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks? >

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Notices

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The deck baja styled for the skater vee is one of my favorites.

Baja had good styling.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
As you know, with boating comes some big "personalities," regardless the brand...
You hit the nail on the head with that line.

I don't have a problem with Bajas and I think that brand of boat has done more for the performance boating industry than any other- as far as bringing new blood to the sport. Yeah, the owners usually have fairly inflated egos, but as stated already, that kinda comes with the territory...

Don't get me started on the beckmate thing... as a Checkmate fan, I kinda hate to see it happening- but if it keeps them in business, fine... I just don't want to see Checkmate loose its way when it comes to designs and thats my biggest concern with the new leadership. Bajas have always been more rounded and I don't really dig that style... but alot of guys do love em, so it must not be all bad.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
Artie...things have never changed with you! Still the big loud mouth who has the fasted boat around. I'm faster than the cigs, the fountains, the formulas...i'm the best. If you spent as much time up keeping your boat, truck,house,etc. as you do talking ****, you wouldn't have junk. This tread has nothing to do with spped, only about what people think of BAJA. And to be completly honnest its your type that give baja a bit of a bad name. I know guys that have riden with you when the hand rail is falling off or the bolster seat is bouncing around. NOT SAFE! And IF YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME THAT YOUR 25 OL IS BETTER THAN A 32 FOUNTAIN IN BIG WATER, THEN YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO FULL OF ****!

AND FOR THE RECORD I NEVER SAID THAT BAJA BOATS ARE JUNK ONLY THAT I'M NOT A FAN! OTHER PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME THERE OPINION AND THATS WHAT I SAID IN POST #2.
dude I am not saying its the fastest durr, just the few of boats I ran against in open water back in the 90s and they were shocked its people like you that piss me off your fountain is no better than a baja/formula/ other production boat I have climbed threw lots and seen stress cracks in all except a SUTPHEN OR OL there custom boats , well I just get pissed when guys like you talk trash there production boats and even though I have a new boat I will hang on to the 24 cause its been a good boat to me. when I bought it Ialmost bought 10 meter there were two repos in mendon mass one had 420s for 40,000 88 the other was 30,000 87 with 370s. but had talked to a guy in conn that had a 12 meter and blew both stringers running to block Island so for 20grand less in 1990 I went with the 24. whats funny they all use the same rug co for there cabins. well the next boat going by you might be DOC's old 36 its only running high 90s or may hit the century mark oh the 32 beeker is a 28 footer with less deadrise harder landings with that big pad to . enuff said.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
dude I am not saying its the fastest durr, just the few of boats I ran against in open water back in the 90s and they were shocked its people like you that piss me off your fountain is no better than a baja/formula/ other production boat I have climbed threw lots and seen stress cracks in all except a SUTPHEN OR OL there custom boats , well I just get pissed when guys like you talk trash there production boats and even though I have a new boat I will hang on to the 24 cause its been a good boat to me. when I bought it Ialmost bought 10 meter there were two repos in mendon mass one had 420s for 40,000 88 the other was 30,000 87 with 370s. but had talked to a guy in conn that had a 12 meter and blew both stringers running to block Island so for 20grand less in 1990 I went with the 24. whats funny they all use the same rug co for there cabins. well the next boat going by you might be DOC's old 36 its only running high 90s or may hit the century mark oh the 32 beeker is a 28 footer with less deadrise harder landings with that big pad to . enuff said.
Wow...someone is very proud of thier production boat. Its getting pretty deep in here
Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
well most people i talk to think that Bajas are built very cheap and that they are the the KIA of the boating industry. I personally am not a fan because you see them everywere.
X2

That is what I think too. Don't have anything against them but it seems alot of the BAHAs are ran WOT. When they say SPEED CHANGES YOU....they mean it.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered

that cracks me up you see them every where!!! phuck my friend owned a dealership in the 80s and 90s he took baja over checkmate he owned a checkmate for years. I bought a baja 240 sport =24 outlaw with a 330hp for its 1st 4yrs then Ibought a 502 merc for it then two years later built a 585hp then a year later bumped it up to 596hp 3yrs later 650hp. after 12yrs of running in the ocean off of cape cod beating the chit out every formula I ran against it was a joke couple of cigs two 3 superboats 24 and 30s NEVER PAST ME IN THE CALM OR ROUGH and Ihave seen stress cracks in everyboat MADE just about most late 80s cig 31s and 35s so enough of the bull fountain clown theres more beekers on the market now AND THERE FAMOUS FOR IBCMS BREAKING STRINGERS . I now of a few guys how complained about stringers in fountains and formula boats who even had F2 BOATS in 99 to 03 and DONZI there crossbow chit boxes of the 80s were a joke I new a kid whos daddy bought him a 29 with 365hp mag 454s phuck every time it was a lil rough or he jumped a wake the boats frig and door would break so DUDE GET OFF YOUR FOUNTAIN HIGH HORSE there paper thin race boat got the speed title for RUNNING ON A PHUCKING LAKE HE OWNS at least OUTER LIMITS went out on a bay in the ocean and did 160 plus my new boat is a SABER and Iam keeping my 22yr old baja cause with the lil up grade here and there it will be fun busting dickheads that think there so mighty like yourself. mines been to maine to ny city by water over the years and the loved seeing guys punch there dash as we went by. I could go on but why, I know who I have busted over the years it was fun.oh yeah never had a beek boat go by me well one 42 in a pokerrun until it got to rough for him and he turned around. same going to blockisland one night two of us in the 24 and 25s made it fine the bigger 32 beek turned around and came in the morning.
I think you made the point about attitudes and BAHAs!!!!!!! If you got one you got the other!! You are probably the fastest boat out there.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:17 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a joke right?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

Bring your 24 OL to LOTO over the 4th of July weekend and see how you do. You cannot span the waves in a 24 OL.
I had a 24 OL. My 28 Pantera would put the 24 OL to shame in rough water and my 32 AT makes the 24 OL feel like a toy.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Settle down all you guys with your "Its a better boat than a Baja" boats let me assure you that AIR TIME is not the spokesman for the Baja brand (to many meds for that) and he has already gone to the other side.

I am very proud of my Baja and will put it up against your production boats any day for comfort, speed, handling calm or ruff, fit, finish, quality of build and the best part its mine.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im a fan. Never had a bad ride in a Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.