Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks? >

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Notices

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its about the boat not about who runs a webb site.
BAJA best bang for the buck.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
I personally am not a fan because you see them everywere.

Well, just a quick check in the old OSO classifieds and as usual there are a lot more beaks than Baja's for sale..

56 Baja's
116 beaks

Thats better than a 2 : 1 ratio

So as far as the seeing them everywhere claim of yours, yes I see Fountains everywhere...
Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
If thats what you want to call me....
Me too! I'm a hater!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Wink what a winner

well most people i talk to think that Bajas are built very cheap and that they are the the KIA of the boating industry. I personally am not a fan because you see them everywere.
that cracks me up you see them every where!!! phuck my friend owned a dealership in the 80s and 90s he took baja over checkmate he owned a checkmate for years. I bought a baja 240 sport =24 outlaw with a 330hp for its 1st 4yrs then Ibought a 502 merc for it then two years later built a 585hp then a year later bumped it up to 596hp 3yrs later 650hp. after 12yrs of running in the ocean off of cape cod beating the chit out every formula I ran against it was a joke couple of cigs two 3 superboats 24 and 30s NEVER PAST ME IN THE CALM OR ROUGH and Ihave seen stress cracks in everyboat MADE just about most late 80s cig 31s and 35s so enough of the bull fountain clown theres more beekers on the market now AND THERE FAMOUS FOR IBCMS BREAKING STRINGERS . I now of a few guys how complained about stringers in fountains and formula boats who even had F2 BOATS in 99 to 03 and DONZI there crossbow chit boxes of the 80s were a joke I new a kid whos daddy bought him a 29 with 365hp mag 454s phuck every time it was a lil rough or he jumped a wake the boats frig and door would break so DUDE GET OFF YOUR FOUNTAIN HIGH HORSE there paper thin race boat got the speed title for RUNNING ON A PHUCKING LAKE HE OWNS at least OUTER LIMITS went out on a bay in the ocean and did 160 plus my new boat is a SABER and Iam keeping my 22yr old baja cause with the lil up grade here and there it will be fun busting dickheads that think there so mighty like yourself. mines been to maine to ny city by water over the years and the loved seeing guys punch there dash as we went by. I could go on but why, I know who I have busted over the years it was fun.oh yeah never had a beek boat go by me well one 42 in a pokerrun until it got to rough for him and he turned around. same going to blockisland one night two of us in the 24 and 25s made it fine the bigger 32 beek turned around and came in the morning.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 03-21-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jfm
HATER
that site owner is a gem I have owned a baja for 20yrs went there once I think the guy is a tool
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM
jfm
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
that site owner is a gem I have owned a baja for 20yrs went there once I think the guy is a tool
Don't thumbs down me. It is a joke cause that is what he called anyone that went against him and his wishes. I was banned also.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
that cracks me up you see them every where!!! phuck my friend owned a dealership in the 80s and 90s he took baja over checkmate he owned a checkmate for years. I bought a baja 240 sport =24 outlaw with a 330hp for its 1st 4yrs then Ibought a 502 merc for it then two years later built a 585hp then a year later bumped it up to 596hp 3yrs later 650hp. after 12yrs of running in the ocean off of cape cod beating the chit out every formula I ran against it was a joke couple of cigs two 3 superboats 24 and 30s NEVER PAST ME IN THE CALM OR ROUGH and Ihave seen stress cracks in everyboat MADE just about most late 80s cig 31s and 35s so enough of the bull fountain clown theres more beekers on the market now AND THERE FAMOUS FOR IBCMS BREAKING STRINGERS . I now of a few guys how complained about stringers in fountains and formula boats who even had F2 BOATS in 99 to 03 and DONZI there crossbow chit boxes of the 80s were a joke I new a kid whos daddy bought him a 29 with 365hp mag 454s phuck every time it was a lil rough or he jumped a wake the boats frig and door would break so DUDE GET OFF YOUR FOUNTAIN HIGH HORSE there paper thin race boat got the speed title for RUNNING ON A PHUCKING LAKE HE OWNS at least OUTER LIMITS went out on a bay in the ocean and did 160 plus my new boat is a SABER and Iam keeping my 22yr old baja cause with the lil up grade here and there it will be fun busting dickheads that think there so mighty like yourself. mines been to maine to ny city by water over the years and the loved seeing guys punch there dash as we went by. I could go on but why, I know who I have busted over the years it was fun.oh yeah never had a beek boat go by me well one 42 in a pokerrun until it got to rough for him and he turned around. same going to blockisland one night two of us in the 24 and 25s made it fine the bigger 32 beek turned around and came in the morning.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered

Toyota Builds The Best Cars
Baja Builds The Best Cigarette Racing Boats
Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered

Damn this thread can get ugly
Old 03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well most people i talk to think that Bajas are built very cheap and that they are the the KIA of the boating industry. I personally am not a fan because you see them everywere.
Isnt Reggie building bajas now ? you wont buy a
chev,ford, or what ever car or truck because they
look the same.
Maybe Reggie bought them because it was the one
of the leading selling boat company and one of the
first performance boat companies out there.
If it were me I would bring baja back to Ohio
and let the pros keep building them.
Doug Smith and all the ohio employees !!!!
Ill take the first 40 footer they make !

Last edited by bajarick; 03-21-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.