Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks? >

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Notices

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
That's kinda my point Cat... Mine is a 32' without a molded platform, the 35' isn't much bigger, but has a closed head. I think the 33' OL has one as well, but I honestly would take the 35' fountain over the 33' OL (though I do love the 33' OL).
I rode in a 35 at an offshore race in Orange Beach, Al. It was a volunteer turn boat that wkend. I went on it for Saturday's races and we ran through the infield in 2-4s. It beat me up so bad I didn't go out on it for the Sunday races. I would have much rather been in my 24' cat.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by verbi69
Catmando, never had the privilege to ride in a cat but man they look so damn cool....and to throw a roost like they do...I'm getting a chubby...lol !!!!
I dont know how long the kids would tube behind it though...

I would like a cat with a cuddy though...like to overnight.
They're very fast and very smooth. For a smaller cat with a cabin you can't go wrong with a 33' Ocean Express.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel seriously fortunate to have the freedom and ability to spend time on the water let alone razz my friends over which brand is better. I like em all...especially the ones that haul ass....doesnt matter what name is on it.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

One thing I will say, A LOT of boat owners have some attitude about there brand of boat. To each his own. I could care less what brand anybody has and why they have it. If they are on the water and having fun and are fun to hang out with, they are my kind of people. I hang out with people boating that have had everything from Skaters, to Cigs, to Bajas, to Bayliners and everything in between. Its all about the people, not the boat they own.........It also helps if they've got hot chicks with them
Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by redbud35
A 35 isn't enough for the lake on the Fourth!!
I was waiting for someone to say that as I was read thought the posts.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
You know what, I stopped making fun of people on the water a few years ago... You know why, a boat is a depraicating asset. We are all idiots for buying them. Whenever I see some 1982 Bayliner, all I have to say to my chick is "They are on the water!" "They scraped their money together to get that barely floating craft and they love it" 99% of people either hate go fast boats or dont give a rats ass what their boat looks like anyway cause they are on the water and they are having a damn good time doing it. The guy on the 20 foot, 30 year old center console with 10 people on it HAS 10 people on it because they are having fun and probaly staring at that Baja drooling.

Its fun to debate this but when I had my Stingray 20 I wanted a Baja 272. Got a Baja 302 and wanted the 342. Got a 342 and now I want a Nor Tech. My chick wants to get pregnant so I will probaly end up with a cruiser... I am screwed no matter how I look at it. Have fun with your fast (er) boat guys....

All I think I am saying is should I run Amsoil or Merc 25-40?
Perfectly said!!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
You know what, I stopped making fun of people on the water a few years ago... You know why, a boat is a depraicating asset. We are all idiots for buying them. Whenever I see some 1982 Bayliner, all I have to say to my chick is "They are on the water!" "They scraped their money together to get that barely floating craft and they love it" 99% of people either hate go fast boats or dont give a rats ass what their boat looks like anyway cause they are on the water and they are having a damn good time doing it. The guy on the 20 foot, 30 year old center console with 10 people on it HAS 10 people on it because they are having fun and probaly staring at that Baja drooling.

Its fun to debate this but when I had my Stingray 20 I wanted a Baja 272. Got a Baja 302 and wanted the 342. Got a 342 and now I want a Nor Tech. My chick wants to get pregnant so I will probaly end up with a cruiser... I am screwed no matter how I look at it. Have fun with your fast (er) boat guys....

All I think I am saying is should I run Amsoil or Merc 25-40?
Keith right on with this.
Heck very close to my choices as well.
272 to a 29OL then to a 35OL to handle the bigger seas. Now I would also like a 39 Nor-tech. But since moving to the Vero Area. I barely get out on the water but once every 3-4 months.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I would love to have a fast bad azz cat, model doesnt matter much but a 32-34 footer, a 33 Donzi zx with big power and when we stop my hunny could make her popcorn, and a Sunsation...probably a 32 SSR.... I love to dream.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
Honestly it doesn't matter what brand boat someone has. Its more important to just be out on the water and enjoying yourself. I've got buddies with 1980's bowriders, newer 18' regal open bows, etc and they have just as much fun as any of us. I can admire a nice boat but i don't get jealous. Seeing all the repoed boats on the market makes me laugh cause i paid cash for mine instead of making payments on a $200k boat. Also some of us are trailer boaters and hauling around a 44' MTI every weekend would be a pain in the ass lol
$200k for a 20ft sst. Somebody got taken!
that makes me laugh.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NoWake200
Perfectly said!!
x2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.