Notices

XM Radio "Yeah Baby"

Old 04-21-2002, 01:12 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XM Radio "Yeah Baby"

Man I am impressed with the XM satellite radio. Getting it installed in the Excursion next Thursday. The nice thing is that all I have to buy for the boat is the installation kit. Listen to it in the truck on the way to the lake, pop it out and slide it into the boat. Only one monthly fee and it can easily be transfered to the boat, truck and even the house. Fifteen neighborhoods with a total of 100 channels. Seventy music channels, commerical free, MTV, CNBC, Nascar, ESPN, Fox News, Discovery, CNN, C-Span, Disney, three comedy channels and much more.

This is the slicker tha owl ****.
Old 04-21-2002, 02:19 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya it looks like it is going to take off well. Waite tell they get video incorporated into it then watch how cool this is going to get

Jon
Old 04-21-2002, 03:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i have a good name for it, how about direct tv!
Old 04-21-2002, 07:27 AM
kook

Default Re: XM Radio "Yeah Baby"

Originally posted by Baja Boss
Man I am impressed with the XM satellite radio. Getting it installed in the Excursion next Thursday. The nice thing is that all I have to buy for the boat is the installation kit. Listen to it in the truck on the way to the lake, pop it out and slide it into the boat. Only one monthly fee and it can easily be transfered to the boat, truck and even the house. Fifteen neighborhoods with a total of 100 channels. Seventy music channels, commerical free, MTV, CNBC, Nascar, ESPN, Fox News, Discovery, CNN, C-Span, Disney, three comedy channels and much more.

This is the slicker tha owl ****.
What unit did you get, and what was the cost of the components? I didn't think there was anything out there where you could easily transfer the unit from one vehicle to another. Don't you need a seperate receiver unit for each vehicle you use it in?

Old 04-21-2002, 11:04 AM
Registered

can ya get G. Gordon Liddy on XM?
Old 04-21-2002, 04:24 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kook,

I bought the Sony unit. It is very compact and just pops in and out of the holder. Buy as many holder kits as you want for all vehicles, boats and home. Just one head unit and only one subscription. $9.95 per month and a $14.95 conect fee up front.
The total unit is $399.00 installed, they will have to mount the antenna on the roof of the Excursion. You can mount it on the back deck in cars. I do not know the price of the extra install kits yet. The dealer had not ordered them before. I do not expect it to be much. Guessing a $100.00 or less.
Old 04-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Registered

Is Howard Stern on any the the channels??
Old 04-21-2002, 07:58 PM
kook

Originally posted by Baja Boss
I do not know the price of the extra install kits yet. The dealer had not ordered them before. I do not expect it to be much. Guessing a $100.00 or less.
I thought it was quite a bit more - that's why I haven't bought into it yet. When you do find out, please let us know.

-Mark

Old 04-21-2002, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I am just too dam cheep to pay that $10 every month for music.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Registered

There is another company doing the same thing. Sirius Satellite Radio http://www.siriusradio.com . They started selling to a limited market in February, and will be rolling out to the rest of the US. I heard that they are using a more advanced chipset than XM, which results in better audio quality

Quick Reply: XM Radio "Yeah Baby"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.