Notices

1300 rebuild intervals?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1300 rebuild intervals?

Cant seem to get a straight answer on the rebuild intervals for the new 1300 mercruisers.
Heard 250hrs, 300hrs(both awsome figures) and 25hrs somewhere else?
IMO to justify the cost of the engines the rebuild intervals would need to be fairly lengthy. Given the heads and the technology the idea of 250-300hrs wouldnt surprise me but does anyone really know the true figure? And where have you heard it?
Rang the local Mercury racing dealer here the other day and he didnt even know the engine existed! Thats mercury keeping things tight for ya. I felt like i was giving a training school on the engine when i was explaining the details of it to him...... probably should have charged him!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Mercury has not done any endurance testing yet.

So it would be hard to give you a straight answer.

They did the same thing when they came out with the
1025 or was it 1050?........Which is now the 1075.

First year or so was sorting it out and eventually became
the 1075 and a good engine.

Down side was it killed the sales or there engine package the used to have in the 900 hp area cause every one wanted the 1075.

Seems like it would have been smarter to get it sorted out first in secrecy or race teams only and continue the sale on there 900 ish.....Until a new product can be ready for public use.

Anyways hope that helps with your question.

Thanks
Jon
Old 03-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kurt Hamilton
Rang the local Mercury racing dealer here the other day and he didnt even know the engine existed! Thats mercury keeping things tight for ya..........
Really?????? You'd think since Merc is so great with their dealer networks that at least the "racing" dealer would know a lil something....
Old 03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt Hamilton
Given the heads and the technology the idea of 250-300hrs wouldnt surprise me but does anyone really know the true figure? And where have you heard it?!
200 to 300 hours depending on how it's treated. Direct from Merc Racing's head engineer at the Miami Boat Show introduction.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Kind of a silly question to begin with!
If someone has the $200K to buy one of these apparent beautiful offerings, why would that individual even care about rebuild hours! When they need rebuilding, they are just going to anty up another $50K and have those puppies rebuilt and back in the boat ready for some more fun!
This is like asking a Maybach owner how many years he's going to keep the car before he buys something else!

Lets get some serious, meaningful threads going on this site that most real OSo'ers need infor and help on. Stop the cabin fever, outerlimits banter.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Ray,
I don't have 200K to put into an engine. If my budget were unlimited rebuild interval would still be important to me. Why would you want the hassle of trying to arrange pulling motors and rebuild if you didn't have to. Aside from the cost, it complicates ownership a great deal. Personally I wouldn't want to own something that needed to be rebuilt at 100+ hours because it is possible to design an engine which will live longer at that power level. I'm sure you can do it. There are those who don't care to spend the money, but most successful people are intelligent and didn't attain wealth by flushing it. A lot of engine builders can build 1000hp that they'll stand behind for 100hrs. How many will state that they can make 1300hp last for 250hrs?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also with all th gismo electronics on their they are going to have to be teething problems.. i dont think i would want the first set... but who knows? has any been run yet?

just my 02 ct.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Raylar

Lets get some serious, meaningful threads going on this site that most real OSo'ers need infor and help on. Stop the cabin fever, outerlimits banter.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Ray,

What Outerlimits Banter are you refering to? I'd love to know how a thread about Re-Build intervals on Mercury's 1300's even remotely involves Outerlimits, nevermind "Banter"
Old 04-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Ray,

What Outerlimits Banter are you refering to? I'd love to know how a thread about Re-Build intervals on Mercury's 1300's even remotely involves Outerlimits, nevermind "Banter"
Maybe he thpought someone with a Outerlimits was building a boat with them.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Kind of a silly question to begin with!
If someone has the $200K to buy one of these apparent beautiful offerings, why would that individual even care about rebuild hours! When they need rebuilding, they are just going to anty up another $50K and have those puppies rebuilt and back in the boat ready for some more fun!
This is like asking a Maybach owner how many years he's going to keep the car before he buys something else!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

I agree, we haven't had a thread on Boob size in months. I personally like the 800cc implant!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.