Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits SV 40 Open (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/227419-outerlimits-sv-40-open.html)

Philm 03-30-2010 02:03 PM

I like it.

young.gun 03-30-2010 02:40 PM

Looks like that one already has the P1 orange on it. I really hope it is going over for P1 Supersport!

MARINE UNLIMITED 03-30-2010 02:42 PM

Nice...

Originally Posted by animalhouse (Post 3078052)
Sneak Peak at an exciting new model!!!!!! The SV 40 Open combines the race bred bottom of the SV-40, with open cockpit and sleek styling. This is the perfect poker run package.

Looks like it just came out of the water, how did it run?

Mastercraft240 03-30-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 3078080)
is it 40 ft. to the transom or to the end of the busel ?
it's hard to tell but it look's like a good 4 ft of busel ?

thank's
mike

I'm pretty sure (not positive) that outerlimits splits the length difference of their bustle. Assuming that's a four foot bustle, it'd be 38 to the transom.

Enough 4 Play 03-30-2010 03:41 PM

What about the new cat in the 42-44 foot range that you guys are working on.

NO MERCY 03-30-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3078172)
I'm pretty sure (not positive) that outerlimits splits the length difference of their bustle. Assuming that's a four foot bustle, it'd be 38 to the transom.

No they definetly add the full length of the bussell to make the total length of the boat. sometimes even more. lol

The bussell is for looks, gives the back of the boat that cutdown, low profile look in the water. Its also safer for swimming,ect., being that the drives and props are guarded up under there.

Mastercraft240 03-30-2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by NO MERCY (Post 3078239)
No they definetly add the full length of the bussell to make the total length of the boat. sometimes even more. lol

The bussell is for looks, gives the back of the boat that cutdown, low profile look in the water. Its also safer for swimming,ect., being that the drives and props are guarded up under there.

It's definitely more than looks. During my visit at outerlimits Fred explained that it made the boat more aerodynamic and provides a little extra support in the rough water like a fixed tab. Hopefully Fred will chime in:bong:

NO MERCY 03-30-2010 05:56 PM

Yeah I dont know if they have added the bussell length to this particular boat... but I know that the 51gtx and 52SV they just add an extra 4 or 5 feet to the total length. They just painted one that went overseas as a SV53 ... although its the same boat as the 52.

Friends of mine that have owned and ran the same OL hull with and without the bussell, prefer no bussell in rough water.

Bullhead 03-30-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by NO MERCY (Post 3078239)

Reggie's got the beak......Mikes got the bussell

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-30-2010 07:03 PM

nice