Notices

Ordering boat parts

Old 04-02-2010, 10:41 PM
GB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering boat parts

Here's the situation. Just replaced the lower with a -2 shorty.
Wanting to install the over priced water relief valve by Merc due to added pressure and order a couple other associated items. Call a well established OSO vendor. Nice lady answers the phone. Are you the one I need to order parts from? "Yes, I do it all". First p/n 863208A3 $291 (relief valve). "Can't give you that price unless you order on line". Here's the kicker... they
wanted approx 40 bucks more ($330). What's the deal here?
I've ordered many K worth of parts over the phone from numerous vendors and have never got the "It's Policy" line.
Welcome all feedback.

BTW...Found the H2o refief valve for $261.

Last edited by GB; 04-02-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used Bam many times and have never had an issue. They keep you in the loop with emails as the order is processed and will call you if you have any issue. I can understand why a company would want to NOT have you order over the phone as it prevents clerical errors.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I have used Bam many times and have never had an issue. They keep you in the loop with emails as the order is processed and will call you if you have any issue. I can understand why a company would want to NOT have you order over the phone as it prevents clerical errors.
You gotta be chittin me
Old 04-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I can understand why a company would want to NOT have you order over the phone as it prevents clerical errors.

Truth is that if you do it online then YOU own the error. Side effect of todays employee market, hard to find good ones with an ability or the energy to think.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Registered

That part is 190.01 from merc to the dealer. if you didnt get it yet or need more parts let me know.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

An additional point to consider is that the seller has additional overhead on orders taken over the phone. This doesn't help customer service but the online order is more efficient.. Unfortunately not everything that reduces expenses increases our satisfaction as consumers.

RB
Old 04-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered

The full retail price is 316 from merc. why cant they give you that price? That sounds odd to me. When dealer is 190.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not so sure the dealer cost is 190..

Whats the specs on that valve?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Registered

yep. the cost is $190. let me know what else you need. I cab save you a bunch of money.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I did a pressure relieve valve set up that was 120
The 1st pic is the T I used to make the pressure valve usable. I took the brass plug out. Threaded the releieve valve in the pic 2 on the top of the water outlet housing and swapped them. Simple as that. i also did this on an intercooler. I picked everything up at the Home Depot for the Intercooler seeing as it was only 3/4 hose
-Mike
Attached Thumbnails Ordering boat parts-ss.jpg   Ordering boat parts-en.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.