Like Tree0Likes

Ft Myers Offshore, April-2010 Sanibel, run and pictures

Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 11:19 AM
  #1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default Ft Myers Offshore, April-2010 Sanibel, run and pictures

This past weekend, we participated in the Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) season finally, a circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands.

Bob and the entire FMO board, thank you for another enjoyable and safe day of hi-performance boating.

For us it started in the Myakka River, past Punta Gorda Isles, (where Tom joined up with us in a 38 Fountain), South through Charlotte Harbor, and down the ICW to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, the starting line.

Next the circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands, heading North in the Gulf, then in at Redfish pass, and South though the ICW, and back to the mouth of the Gulf, to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, now the ending line.

Lunch was at the Lighthouse Restaurant at Port Sanibel Marina.

I ran a total of 147 miles, and burned 66 gallons of 93 octane. That's 2.28mpg.

Here are links to the 65 pictures I took.

We are working on the video shot from my boat. It will take a bit more work.


65 pictures I took at April FMO Sanibel event

65 pictures I took at April FMO Sanibel event(slide show format)


Enjoy
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
  #2
VIP Member
VIP Member
Platinum Member
 
bajarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: canfield, Ohio/cape coral FL
My Boats: 2003 Baja 33' Outlaw SST, Baja 36' Outlaw SST
Posts: 618
Default

Had a great time and thanks for the nice
pictures.
Rick
bajarick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 AM
  #3
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajarick View Post
Had a great time and thanks for the nice
pictures.
Rick
Rick,

Way better than the snow in Ohio last week. Glad you made this run.
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
  #4
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Bobthebuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN
My Boats: 2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
Posts: 5,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSysCons View Post
This past weekend, we participated in the Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) season finally, a circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands.

Bob and the entire FMO board, thank you for another enjoyable and safe day of hi-performance boating.

For us it started in the Myakka River, past Punta Gorda Isles, (where Tom joined up with us in a 38 Fountain), South through Charlotte Harbor, and down the ICW to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, the starting line.

Next the circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands, heading North in the Gulf, then in at Redfish pass, and South though the ICW, and back to the mouth of the Gulf, to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, now the ending line.

Lunch was at the Lighthouse Restaurant at Port Sanibel Marina.

I ran a total of 147 miles, and burned 66 gallons of 93 octane. That's 2.28mpg.

Here are links to the 65 pictures I took.

We are working on the video shot from my boat. It will take a bit more work.


65 pictures I took at April FMO Sanibel event

65 pictures I took at April FMO Sanibel event(slide show format)


Enjoy
Thanks for posting your pics, Frank. We are fortunate to have so many great photographers in SW Florida to capture our events. Yourself, Jay, Jeff and sometimes Pete B when he is not traveling the world! LOL

Bob
Bobthebuilder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:00 AM
  #5
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
Thanks for posting your pics, Frank. We are fortunate to have so many great photographers in SW Florida to capture our events. Yourself, Jay, Jeff and sometimes Pete B when he is not traveling the world! LOL

Bob
Bob, thank you for your kind words.

I am not in the same class as the guys you mentioned, those 3 are the best of the best; however, it is nice to have our efforts appreciated and recognized.
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM
  #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
ktron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: MA/NH
My Boats: Doug Wright Perf 360
Posts: 1,545
Default

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!
ktron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:22 AM
  #7
Gold Member
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default

I recently purchased and received the DVD of this event, from Freeze Frame Video. I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to share the parts that featured my boat, with my friends and family. With this in mind, I called FFV and spoke with Jeff, whom I know very well, from 20 years of racing. I asked if I could have his permissions to re-edit, and post 3 minutes of the DVD, this one time. Jeff agreed.

So here it is. The sound starts up at 12 seconds in.

2010 FMO April, 308 Skater

Enjoy! and do not forget to raise the quality to 480p.
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.