Thoughts on Nickerson Performance >

Thoughts on Nickerson Performance

Notices

Thoughts on Nickerson Performance

Old 04-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Thoughts on Nickerson Performance

I have given up trying to dial in the carbs on my Blower motors for the Cig. and I am going to send them to Nickerson to be set up correctly for my application. It will foul plugs in about 5 mins of idling and no wake zones. above 1500 it seems ok but still runs rich.
Has anyone out here used thier services before and how did they turn out? I`m told he bench flows everything and I can just bolt them on and everything will be all warm and fuzzy

Looking forward to some positive feedback, Kurt.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About a year ago I posted a question on the Hot Boat site regarding tuning the carbs on my Procharged engines. A user by the name of formula93 replied suggesting that I use Nickerson Performance. He had recently gotten his carbs back from Nickerson and was happy with the service and results. Last month I contacted formula93, questioning if he was still happy with the results. I figured that a year of use was the true test of their workmanship. He said that he was still very happy, and still recommends them. I sent my carbs to them 1½ weeks ago. Hopefully they will be able to work on them this week. If you would like, I can let you know of the results.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:22 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OOPS, sorry. Guess you were looking for positive feedback.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

I used Nickerson for a 502 crate motor 250 B&M blower package and had Dean set it up. Blower, carb, cam and everything else I needed came from them. It was a bolt together package and ran like a charm. Had no problems and would highly recommend them. Since this was a previous A class boat he asked what parts I had that we might use before buying anything, I like that! Clay
Old 04-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend of mine has a nickerson package 250 blower and 1050 carb .it runs rich . It will probably be going to "Bruce " .Also the nickerson carbs don't have "J" tubes . I thought all marine carbs should ?? Good luck !
Old 04-22-2002, 12:56 PM
Registered

My bro in law has a B&M 174 with a Nickerson 980 Holley on a 454.No issues.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've used Nickersons for 33 hours. The only issue was that they had to be rejetted when first installed.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they just tune blower carbs or can i send them my carbs from my 425 mercs?
Old 04-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default hmmmmmmm?

I JUST HAD MY 1050 DOMINATORS "REBUILT" WHICH I DONT THINK THEY NEEDED THEM BUT WHY FIND OUT LATER. ANYWAY AFTER 2.5 WEEKS I GOT THEM BACK..............$1155.40 WOW!!!!JUST TO GO THRU THEM? NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY IDLE NICE ACTUALLY A LITTLE LOW TO THE START BUT RUN GREAT SO FAR OF THE TWO HRS I PUT ON THEM
Old 04-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Nickerson for several applications and have had good results. He builds or tunes the carb for the application and if something is off he stands behind it. My 1050 that I am running now required a float level and idle adjustment, which is typical on any carb, and has run flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Nickerson Performance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.