25.17%
Other - Reply with suggestions
10.49%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Outerlimits SV 28 Feedback

Old 04-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the cabin a portable head for the ladies is a MUST.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. So far the boat will be a single engine, 5 man sit down boat. The windshield and styling will be in line with the new 40 SV open that was recently introduced. We are designing a small but functional cabin with porta potti ( can't make the women mad )

I will keep you updated
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love it !
Old 04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of my biggest gripes on my 29 is the lack of fender storage. On a single 28 it would be easy to put them under the hatch, but that's kinda a pain in the a$$ place for them in my book, but I'm not much of a writer if you know what I mean.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Well I just picked up a 30 with a single and love it.I have
a Konrade ace drive with a 800hp engine built by MGD Performance. Great package. Great on fuel, and boat can run.
I think thats a great market you going into.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Thanks for the feedback guys. So far the boat will be a single engine, 5 man sit down boat. The windshield and styling will be in line with the new 40 SV open that was recently introduced. We are designing a small but functional cabin with porta potti ( can't make the women mad )

I will keep you updated
How much freeboard and cabin headroom will the boat have?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ilmor/Indy combo!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
The option for twin bigblocks is self defeating. Per the previous post "if somebody us going to by a 90+ mph boat, they are probably going to buy a bigger boat". This boat will go 90 + with a single 525, there is no need for twin big blocks, that would defeat the purpose of a well balanced, affordable boat.
IMO if it doesn't have twins, its not an offshore boat.

Twin big blocks don't weigh that much more than twin small blocks. If it can't handle the extra weight of twins, then its an inferior hull design. Phuckin A, even the 29 baja's had the option for twins. Fountain has option for 29 with twins, and now a 33. Cigs mystique has twins. These big single engine boats are harder on motors, kill outdrives, and are a dog out of the hole.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 04-09-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:22 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh Tex...
Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
IMO if it doesn't have twins, its not an offshore boat.

Twin big blocks don't weigh that much more than twin small blocks. If it can't handle the extra weight of twins, then its an inferior hull design. Phuckin A, even the 29 baja's had the option for twins. Fountain has option for 29 with twins, and now a 33. Cigs mystique has twins. These big single engine boats are harder on motors, kill outdrives, and are a dog out of the hole.
The boat will handle any power that could be put in it. The fact that it doesn't need that power and it defeats the purpose of having a fast and affordable boat is what we are looking for. It has nothing to do with hull design.

Thefact that Baja, Fountain & Cig offer twins in their 28-30 foot offerings is great, they are optional. But the reason behind it is they need that power to achieve the speeds that can be reached with a single engine boat when combined with an efficient hull design.

If you want one with twin big blocks, come on down and bring a check. Anything can be built. The purpose of this thread and poll is to determine what a good starting point would be for a BASE boat.

But your opinion is a valid one, and your feedback is appreciated. However, that will be kept in mind for Optional Power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.