Notices

25 Talon or 25 Daytona??

Old 04-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a 1989 25 Talon with twin modded 260's. It's built like a tank and hauls Ass. I would like the Illmore package, but I would buy a Talon before an eliminator. Personal preference. Either should be a good buy and the Talon will hold it's value. Congrats. Bob P. S. the previous owner will buy my boat back when i'm ready to sell.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats on your choice !

You....Will ...Love that Talon ! I have a 1998 Talon 25 with a factory 525 SC , Running just under 100 mph GPS with a tuned 28 pitch prop . I've had it for 6 years now , this boat compared to a shotty rigged So. Cal "E" Boat is far superior . The Talon is solid ( no deck flex ) and has superior handling , superior ride and all around timeless lines , not to mention 0 to 60 that melts the competition . Keep me in the loop , would love to here about your performance quest !
Old 01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I got the chance to run a 25' Eliminator tall deck with 525EFI for a weekend. I was absolutely suprised at the over all "feel" of the boat. You really feel like it's a much bigger boat while running. Thing performed very nice, handled great and was super comfy. Great little boat.

I don't have any experience with the Talon but know they have a good rep.

Good luck with your purchase.
Attached Thumbnails 25 Talon or 25 Daytona??-photo_3.jpg   25 Talon or 25 Daytona??-8.jpg  
Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I would go with the Daytona. Both will handle similar and both are good looking boats. The Daytona has very good reputation and a large following of loyal owners. The Talon was and still is a very limited build boat. The Illmor is a nice feature. Down the road I think the Eliminator would be an easier sell as it is more popular.
X2