Old Saybrook Ct, Bridge to Bridge Poker Run

Notices

Old Saybrook Ct, Bridge to Bridge Poker Run

Old 04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Saybrook Ct, Bridge to Bridge Poker Run

The dates are July 23rd and 24th. Billy Frenze from NPBA is doing the event. Whos Going?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Billy,
Can you post details here?
C
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

Default Old Saybrook "between The Bridges" Poker Run 2010

Immediate Release:
February 10, 2010
NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION

THE NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION is coming to Connecticut with its powerboat poker run tour. Famous from its NEW YORK CITY POWERBOAT POKER RUN, seen numerous times on TV, the shoreline of Old Saybrook, Ct will witness the thrill and glamour of these boats and crew.
The Old Saybrook �Between the Bridges� POWERBOAT POKER RUN is scheduled for July 24th at noon �time and will boast a $2,500.00 Purse PLUS TROPHIES. The run is headquartered and hosted by Between the Bridges Marina & Restaurant complex, 142 Ferry Rd., Old Saybrook, CT. The rain date would be the following day if necessary.

The 75 mile run will take the fleet across Long Island Sound to Orient Point, Montauk, New London and back to Between the Bridges Marina on the Connecticut River. The public is invited to view the boats and teams throughout the weekend at the marina.

The Best Poker Hand wins so� any boat can win! Speed is not a factor!
Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded: $1,250.00 for 1st, $750.00 for 2nd, $500.00 for 3rd. �King of the Sound Navigator� Trophies will be presented for Cats and V�s. Trophies will also be presented for �Best Looking Boat� and �Best Looking Crew�.

Boats will arrive on Friday, July 23rd, and we will have a �GOOD VOYAGE� Party on Friday Night with an Award�s Party scheduled for Saturday Afternoon. The entry fee is $350.00 ($300.00 if you enter before May 1st, $400.00 if you enter after July 1st) per boat and you get 1 hand in the game. Additional hands in the game are available at $100.00 each. All riding crew must members of the NPBA. Membership is $20.00 per calendar year. Personal Floatation Devices (PFD) must be worn by the entire crew.

We will fly the helicopters for videos and photos, which will be for-sale and for our TV Show.

Route 66 Motorsports is �on-board� as a Sponsor and will be displaying a few unique, custom Golf Karts at the event. NORTHEAST PERFORMANCE MARINE will also be there to discuss their custom engine/outdrive services and their fabrication/paint shop abilities.

Additional sponsors are invited so to be a part of this �spectacle�...just contact us.

The host hotel is the Old Saybrook Comfort Inn, 100 Essex Rd, Old Saybrook, CT. the room rate for NPBA members will be $115.99 per nite based on a 2 nite stay. Tel: 1-860-395-1414. Mention Between the Bridges Powerboat Poker Run for the discount.

For further info contact [email protected] ; Direct E-mail: [email protected]

Or call 203-532-1312
Old 04-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

We'll be there in full force!!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey there Billy, I remember about a thousand years ago the NPBA putting on a race in Old Saybrook. It was run out of a marina that was named Willy J's or something like that, never to be run a 2nd year, the marina was damaged in a storm later that year. Do I have any of this correct? And the best part of it was having Pete Aitkin acting as the unofficial info center for all us non-locals. Pete knew who, what , and where to go to get anyting. Do I have the name of the Marina right? Was it damaged and did it ever get rebuilt?
Great time, great memories. I will have to look and see if I have a program from that race.
Michael Filippone
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Registered

Default NPBA's Canada Dry Ginger Ale Gran Prix

Hi Michael...
GOOD MEMORY!
It was Aug 6, 1983, the CANADA DRY GINGER ALE GRAND PRIX...we all were racing back then.
Which boat did you have? I may have been racing OUTRAGEOUS...the 30 or 33.
I am not sure about the storm/damages, but "Between the Bridges" Marina/Restaurant complex is a great destination/location for this event...looks like the same location though.
Are you coming up for a guest appearance?
BF
Direct e-mail: [email protected]
Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Frenz
Hi Michael...
GOOD MEMORY!
It was Aug 6, 1983, the CANADA DRY GINGER ALE GRAND PRIX...we all were racing back then.
Which boat did you have? I may have been racing OUTRAGEOUS...the 30 or 33.
I am not sure about the storm/damages, but "Between the Bridges" Marina/Restaurant complex is a great destination/location for this event...looks like the same location though.
Are you coming up for a guest appearance?
BF
Direct e-mail: [email protected]

What Boat??? OMG Billy, can I help you locate your memory,
all were named Double Vision. This cannot be Billy asking that question, who are you and what have you done with Billy Frenz?
Michael

Last edited by mikefili; 04-09-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered

Default Double Vision Legacy

...so there have been 3 or 4 boats in your racing and pleaureboat history that have been called "Double Vision"...how's my memory?